Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CRYPTOCURRENCY > ICO's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2018, 09:38 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Its not the govs that are concerned its the banks. The Gov's just want to figure out how to get their cut. The BANKS on the other hand are scared shitless that some of the pleebs figured out how to make their own magic fairy dust and sell it... as that is all FIAT is... magic fairy dust we all believe in. Banks will adapt or they wont. CC is not going away. Just like music streaming didnt kill the music industry CC wont kill the Bank industry it will just CHANGE it.

A friend of mine was recently contracted to install HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of cards for a Canadian gov contract. A contract to mine CC (my guess is ETH). Don't listen to what the big boys say... watch what they DO.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 8, 2018, 02:37 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Its not the govs that are concerned its the banks. The Gov's just want to figure out how to get their cut. The BANKS on the other hand are scared shitless that some of the pleebs figured out how to make their own magic fairy dust and sell it... as that is all FIAT is... magic fairy dust we all believe in. Banks will adapt or they wont. CC is not going away. Just like music streaming didnt kill the music industry CC wont kill the Bank industry it will just CHANGE it.
I think the concern of the banks, along with the apparently horrific proposition of people getting rich, is also along the lines of what people accuse currencies like Tether of doing (i.e. keep minting fake USDT while claiming to back it with real USD, which in turn is backed with precious metals). The utility of non-fiat, frankly, is a major disruption, considering that our economies have essentially been based on fiat-like systems (cattle for grains, utensils for shoes, gold for paper currency etc.)

Yeah well, streaming didn't kill the music industry, but let's not forget, Napster died of legal troubles as well. In the end, however novel and useful a service is, it will have to brush against bureaucracy. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of popular coins were shut down, even though it wouldn't exactly kill cryptocurrency.
Old March 8, 2018, 07:17 PM
MVP

There is an interesting coin, not an ICO but still interesting. Called Raven Coin (RVN).

rfd

hofo
Old April 7, 2018, 12:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
A friend of mine was recently contracted to install HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of cards for a Canadian gov contract. A contract to mine CC (my guess is ETH). Don't listen to what the big boys say... watch what they DO.
What kind of cards?
Old April 8, 2018, 10:13 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

1070Ti and 1080Tis... direct from the MFG'er. They so did NOT pay retail. Though shipping must have been a bear as it was pallet after pallet after pallet loads being dropped off for nearly a week. Probably sucked up a week of production... and they are STILL adding in cards by the pallet load.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 8, 2018, 08:31 PM
Allstar

Quote:

Why would the banks be scared of Cryptocurrency? Fiat and reserve currency hasn't been replaced by CC and if anything the recent Petroyuan has shown that the move and the transition isn't CC related. CC is going to be heavily impacted and affected by the next big financial crisis (not too far from it currently) and December has shown that it peaked and is now back to October levels and continues to retreat. Just like stocks major CC will lose or wipe out most of its value because it's backed by nothing and has no fiat currency support. It's more volatile than the worst performing currencies. If their still buying GPUs to mine CC then there is going to be diminishing returns.