Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   Battle royal !! (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/50687-battle-royal.html)

stoanee February 8, 2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolHandL (Post 599853)
I figure with my 90K+ PPD (2P folder hitting 75K-80KPPD and other folders making up the difference) I'll start to catch up to those HPCS Folders soon
Going to meet a guy for another Q6600 that should put me at 3 x Quads Crunching 24/7 plus the 2P 2x6128s running 24/7

Now that's the spirit! Way To Fold

bissa February 8, 2012 12:59 PM

with all this talk of power consumption. I've been considering how much it would be to rent fixed price slots in a server room somewhere where I will have good cooling and good power and just run a half a dozen machines from there.
I might be able to talk to my teacher and find out what the bulk prices were. I seem to remember it being around 500 per month for a full rack. and that's with a near unlimited 50MB up down connection.

bissa February 8, 2012 01:02 PM

in referance to the WU thing. it would be nice of they had a (WU/day) column on that list.

Tim_H February 8, 2012 01:22 PM

kakaostats has tables for that

bissa February 8, 2012 04:45 PM

I was talking about for the entire team list. not just the top 10 or user by user.

jtktam February 9, 2012 06:41 AM

:) TeamUbuntu - Team Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats

:clap::clap::clap:

CoolHandL February 9, 2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtktam (Post 600051)

While those are great numbers, I'm not sure how its relevant to HWC's Battle Royal since your folding for another team?? Fold on!!! Way To Fold don't get me wrong I'm not knocking ya.

On a side note, HFM is now reporting a TPF of 1hr31min for my 2P folding a 6903 and the est. points went from 270K to 22K, is this normal?
this is my first BigAdv work unit so im not sure what to expect??? have i just hit a tough step?

jtktam February 9, 2012 07:27 AM

HWC already have enough PPD to go up in the rankings..

i am trying to push ubuntu back up in the rankings

-joe

BrainEater February 9, 2012 01:36 PM

Ah we don't mind people folding for other teams.Yes , of course we want you to fold for HWC , but it's no biggie if you don't , you care enough to fold , that's all that matters.

Will you fold for HWC during the Chimp Challenge ?

:haha:

----------

I've just gotten my 2600k rig up , doing baseline numbers now.....OC time in a day or two....

3 kW eh boggsy ? , that's awesome......I think I'm running about 1.8 kW......I'll have to measure it once everything is stable.

:thumb:

great_big_abyss February 10, 2012 09:39 AM

HeyHey!!!! I broke the top 100 last night. Yayyyy. Without HPCS it would have taken months. I feel kinda dirty, like I cheated...

And btw, when is chimp challenge this year?