Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   HWC Smashs 400,000 24hr Avg PPD Barrier (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/16938-hwc-smashs-400-000-24hr-avg-ppd-barrier.html)

l-lunter April 21, 2009 06:46 AM

Go power of grea... I mean helping people. Yah.. That's it helping people.

Soultribunal April 21, 2009 11:34 AM

600+ k in 24Hours.....
This is insane growth.
But, how long will it last?

I fear we will see a massive drop once the contest closes....

ST

Lpfan4ever April 21, 2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 182779)
600+ k in 24Hours.....
This is insane growth.

ST

I KNOW it will. I'm still in for the long haul, but I'd say these bunch of people joining who post once and then disappear will stop folding as well.
Ah well, it'll be good while it lasts.

Eagle Eye April 21, 2009 12:08 PM

I'll admitt that since the contest I've been folding about 22 hours outta of the day a lot more than I did in the past (I have to contend with my girlfriend shutting down the clients all the time) My motivation though is if I win either of the videocards its one less component I need to buy for my a 24/7 folding rig. So far I have the case, psu, motherboard, memory, OS, and HDD. I just need a video card and a CPU and I am set. Even if I don't win I will still fold it just won't be as much, I'll admit I still like to game once and a while and I still have the gf issue to contend with.

Your fear is likely the truth after the contest we'll likely see a pretty dramatic drop in folders, but we must remain optimistic.

Regards,

EE

Dashock April 21, 2009 08:31 PM

Well Skymtl was hitting on future contests and im not really worried about the drop theres a lot of oldie folders on the team we will still be there. Even a wu a day can go a long way.

Jake_HT April 23, 2009 10:09 AM

:clap:

sswilson April 23, 2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 182779)
600+ k in 24Hours.....
This is insane growth.

ST

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dashock (Post 183078)
Well Skymtl was hitting on future contests and im not really worried about the drop theres a lot of oldie folders on the team we will still be there. Even a wu a day can go a long way.

That's the beauty of how the contest was set up.... with part of the contest being "closed" based on the previous month's points there's an incentive to keep folding. :)

Silvgearx April 23, 2009 06:26 PM

except those of us that are mainly on rosetta got screw over :ph34r::whistle:

SugarJ April 23, 2009 07:45 PM

If you've been following the contest thread, there have been hints from mods that there will be a rosetta based contest in the future. For those of us that do both, good things may happen.

zlojack April 23, 2009 08:25 PM

Man...we're motoring with the PPD!

Position 101!!!!! 22 in PPD!