Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10, 2009, 10:52 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MAX View Post
Also if I exit out of F@H GPU and shut down my pc, will it pic up where it left off when I reinitialize it?
Or is pausing the only way to do that and therefore you have to leave your PC on all the time.
If you are using the systray client choose 'quit' instead of 'pause', it's then safe to shut down the pc. The client will pick-up where it left off when you restart.

You will get a much higher PPD leaving it running 24/7 ...

Old February 10, 2009, 11:31 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Yeah I prefer turning my comp off during the night, fans too noisy, and when I'm not home.
I have an older comp set up for my girlfriend that is at my place that only gets used right now when she wants to play a game on the weekends. I may set it up in the living room to fold 24/7. It has an 8600 GTS and only an AMD 3000+ with stock heating. Will only be doing GPU F@H...lol.
But right now I'm just going to fold when ever I'm using the PC but not gaming, which is quite a bit.

So far so good. But systray CPU F@H is giving error 503. Console worked fine but then I installed systray app and it didn't work.
Old February 10, 2009, 11:48 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MAX View Post
Yeah I prefer turning my comp off during the night, fans too noisy, and when I'm not home.
I have an older comp set up for my girlfriend that is at my place that only gets used right now when she wants to play a game on the weekends. I may set it up in the living room to fold 24/7. It has an 8600 GTS and only an AMD 3000+ with stock heating. Will only be doing GPU F@H...lol.
But right now I'm just going to fold when ever I'm using the PC but not gaming, which is quite a bit.

So far so good. But systray CPU F@H is giving error 503. Console worked fine but then I installed systray app and it didn't work.
Error 503 usually means server problems at the Folding@Home end, is it stating that it cannot connect to server ?. Some of their servers were down this morning and there might be a backlog. If you could reprint some of the log it would be easier to diagnose.
When you switched from the console client to the systray did uninstall the console one first , there might be a conflict if you didn't.