Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4, 2010, 11:47 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

3wks on the road, come home to see my newest Octo-gpu box was only running 3 of the 8 cores. Got all 8 going again and have had 2 blue screen restarts in the last 12hrs. Hope it sorts itself out in the next week, before I leave town again. But I'll also have to shut down my first Octo-gpu box for a week while my renter has visitors share the spare room with the box.... something about 4 howling gx2's a bunch of fans and 27c room temp doesnt sit well with them :)

Have an A-1 day!
Old February 4, 2010, 02:22 PM
Banned
F@H

Something tell me that i will not finish the day in the 6 position..... a little bigadv is already record at startford
Old February 4, 2010, 02:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
3wks on the road, come home to see my newest Octo-gpu box was only running 3 of the 8 cores. Got all 8 going again and have had 2 blue screen restarts in the last 12hrs. Hope it sorts itself out in the next week, before I leave town again. But I'll also have to shut down my first Octo-gpu box for a week while my renter has visitors share the spare room with the box.... something about 4 howling gx2's a bunch of fans and 27c room temp doesnt sit well with them :)

Sounds like my Workshop. I opened the window to the outside just to keep the room 23 degrees lol.
Good to hear 4door.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 4, 2010, 03:22 PM
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
interesting ,,but can you help me , I don't understand well. On what are you runiing bigadv right now ? and with one give more headroom, a3 or Vmware
I am just running regular A3s on the smp2 client, but i typically run the big adv on the vmware. Only reason i'm not is vmware eats a good 5GB of my ram leaving very little for other applications and for gaming so i have been folding (to not lose all my ppd when gaming) on smp2 since it uses only about 1GB
Old February 4, 2010, 03:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I am just running regular A3s on the smp2 client, but i typically run the big adv on the vmware. Only reason i'm not is vmware eats a good 5GB of my ram leaving very little for other applications and for gaming so i have been folding (to not lose all my ppd when gaming) on smp2 since it uses only about 1GB
how many point are you getting with smp2 on 8core? (with and without bonus)
Old February 4, 2010, 04:47 PM
Banned
F@H

I'm running a little bit over 55 k now that my smp2 a3 is working... after the 2 work tomorrow I will oC at 4.0ghz.. should at least give me 56 K.. if I relocate the ATI 4890 I lost for give place to the smp.. it's 59.5 K PPD...without spent a single cent more.. what a venture this folding ..

edit : I put back the ATI in line with the smp2 ( already at 100 % before ) this little i5 - 750 have good heart, the SMP just drop of 600 PPD and the ATI run at 2,6 K on a 5732 511 points not bad at all it will return at 3k + with an other work happy to report a 57 K now . will change the ATI card only tomorrow

Last edited by MarkOne; February 4, 2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old February 4, 2010, 05:10 PM
Banned
F@H

He is back.......he his Backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

( hope he just don't forget a setting ) We love you stay ..plssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Old February 4, 2010, 06:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
I'm running a little bit over 55 k now that my smp2 a3 is working... after the 2 work tomorrow I will oC at 4.0ghz.. should at least give me 56 K.. if I relocate the ATI 4890 I lost for give place to the smp.. it's 59.5 K PPD...without spent a single cent more.. what a venture this folding ..

edit : I put back the ATI in line with the smp2 ( already at 100 % before ) this little i5 - 750 have good heart, the SMP just drop of 600 PPD and the ATI run at 2,6 K on a 5732 511 points not bad at all it will return at 3k + with an other work happy to report a 57 K now . will change the ATI card only tomorrow
you get 55000ppd(with bonus) wit han i5 750 at 4ghz?
Old February 4, 2010, 06:08 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil3_66666 View Post
you get 55000ppd(with bonus) wit han i5 750 at 4ghz?
will be too good ...no it's with this new smp that the total of my farm reach 55 k. but I remove the 3-4 of the ATI for that and the 3K of the first VMware on the 750.. so it balance I will gain when my ati will be install on an other rigs.
Old February 4, 2010, 06:15 PM
Allstar
F@H

loll, i almost do the change for smp2 on my i7 loll...

but how many ppd are you geting just form the 750 on smp2?