Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2401 (permalink)  
Old January 17, 2010, 11:26 AM
chrisk's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posts: 7,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Wait... you're asking a company to care about something non-profit?
Nope. I said GPU apps, which would make their products more appealing, similar to nVidia investing in Cuda.
__________________
Fold for team #54196
Reply With Quote
  #2402 (permalink)  
Old January 17, 2010, 12:05 PM
lowfat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 9,013

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Nope. I said GPU apps, which would make their products more appealing, similar to nVidia investing in Cuda.


This is really the only thing preventing me from buying an HD5870.
__________________
The Crippled God WIP
Queen of Dreams WIP
Big Lian Li
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Reply With Quote
  #2403 (permalink)  
Old January 17, 2010, 04:59 PM
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 726

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Hehe no comment here. Good job.

@4Door: you are still probably chugging away at a bigadv on your i7 so maybe it will jump for you. In the meantime, yeah something is not folding.

You have a UPS or two? Really helped me to get my rigs folding consistently without running to the room screaming like little girl.

Nah, I've given up on -bigadv on the i7 laptop, runs way too hot and throttles at 95c, a "normal" 1920pt smp on 4 cores runs 80c and those are with a laptop cooler. 1 octogpu box is in my condo (wich is rented to my grandparents) so I'm sure someone unplugged something, other one was just setup the night before I left town so maybe someone at home didnt like the whirling of all the fans and turned that machine off. Time for some phone calls. I laughed when I saw my ppd graph, it fell like a rock.
__________________


Have an A-1 day!
Reply With Quote
  #2404 (permalink)  
Old January 17, 2010, 05:09 PM
chrisk's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posts: 7,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
Nah, I've given up on -bigadv on the i7 laptop, runs way too hot and throttles at 95c, a "normal" 1920pt smp on 4 cores runs 80c and those are with a laptop cooler. 1 octogpu box is in my condo (wich is rented to my grandparents) so I'm sure someone unplugged something, other one was just setup the night before I left town so maybe someone at home didnt like the whirling of all the fans and turned that machine off. Time for some phone calls. I laughed when I saw my ppd graph, it fell like a rock.
You need to get back soon...I'll be catching ya in 4 days or so...
__________________
Fold for team #54196
Reply With Quote
  #2405 (permalink)  
Old January 17, 2010, 08:36 PM
Silvgearx's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Go to Edit>Preferences>Web Settings and make sure the Project Download URL is this: Projects Summary

Then go to Tools>Download Projects From Stanford.
Thanks again
Reply With Quote
  #2406 (permalink)  
Old January 17, 2010, 09:45 PM
LCB001's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aylmer QC.
Posts: 1,770

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
You need to get back soon...I'll be catching ya in 4 days or so...
Then you've just got Perineum to pass in a couple of weeks...
__________________
Folding For Team 54196

Reply With Quote
  #2407 (permalink)  
Old January 18, 2010, 12:33 AM
Perineum's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Posts: 4,070

My System Specs

Default

BAH BAH BAH
Reply With Quote
  #2408 (permalink)  
Old January 18, 2010, 06:39 AM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax
Posts: 9,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
Then you've just got Perineum to pass in a couple of weeks...
Approximately 20 days according to kakao stats, better ramp it up Perineum
__________________
Here I am: here I remain
Reply With Quote
  #2409 (permalink)  
Old January 18, 2010, 07:05 AM
MarkOne's Avatar
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chertsey 60 KM north of Montreal
Posts: 4,015
Default

How can the team progress when I give my point to ... I don't even know to whom , and can't fix this before tonight

Reply With Quote
  #2410 (permalink)  
Old January 18, 2010, 07:06 AM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax
Posts: 9,203
Default

Ode to the typos
__________________
Here I am: here I remain
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes