Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12, 2010, 08:11 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Damn guys!!!! Average PPD is pushing awfully close to 10K. You folks with your Bigadv are pumping out some ridiculously high points. (Not to mention that it takes 25K to stay in the top 20...... ).
Dell G3 - i5 8300H / HP EX920 512GB NVME / 2X8GB HyperX Impact / 1TB SSHD / GTX 1050ti / N156HHE-GA1 120HZ Monitor
Old January 12, 2010, 09:42 AM
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Damn guys!!!! Average PPD is pushing awfully close to 10K. You folks with your Bigadv are pumping out some ridiculously high points. (Not to mention that it takes 25K to stay in the top 20...... ).
Old January 12, 2010, 10:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

If tomorrow ends up a no-work day I should have my 2nd Octo-gpu rig up and running. Its a replacement for my qx6700es that started me folding with HWC... I'm reusing the case (CM Stacker 830) and the Hdd's and some fans. Threw a Phenom II x4 965 on a K9A2 Plat. that I've had lying around.

At least with 8gpu's I shouldnt have to run a USB-DVI "graphics adapter" to get my 3rd monitor running without having to unplug the Home theatre.

Dropped the mobo off at MemX last week to flash the bios, and they discovered the Scythe cooler I had on it when tightened down stressed a crack in the mobo, even flashed it wouldnt post with that cooler, so back to the stock amd cooler and its posting..... I guess a cracked mobo is all you get when shopping for a K9A2 Plat. on ebay for cheap. I did spy a clearance K9A2 on their shelf at MemX for 116.99..... tempting since it seems like I could use a spare.

Have an A-1 day!
Old January 12, 2010, 10:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
If tomorrow ends up a no-work day I should have my 2nd Octo-gpu rig up and running. Its a replacement for my qx6700es that started me folding with HWC... I'm reusing the case (CM Stacker 830) and the Hdd's and some fans. Threw a Phenom II x4 965 on a K9A2 Plat. that I've had lying around.

At least with 8gpu's I shouldnt have to run a USB-DVI "graphics adapter" to get my 3rd monitor running without having to unplug the Home theatre.

Dropped the mobo off at MemX last week to flash the bios, and they discovered the Scythe cooler I had on it when tightened down stressed a crack in the mobo, even flashed it wouldnt post with that cooler, so back to the stock amd cooler and its posting..... I guess a cracked mobo is all you get when shopping for a K9A2 Plat. on ebay for cheap. I did spy a clearance K9A2 on their shelf at MemX for 116.99..... tempting since it seems like I could use a spare.
Nice to have that kind of hardware "lying around".
Old January 12, 2010, 10:46 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorsejohnny View Post
Nice to have that kind of hardware "lying around".

Well lying around after purchasing for folding and being too lazy to get it put together and running.

Have an A-1 day!
Old January 13, 2010, 11:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Oh I am comming into my true A-game here for HWC :)

Should have another GX2 en route and possibly a mate for my Matrix Finally.

Another 18K right there to the mix.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 13, 2010, 12:03 PM
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Oh I am comming into my true A-game here for HWC :)

Should have another GX2 en route and possibly a mate for my Matrix Finally.

Another 18K right there to the mix.

ST
Nice, there goes my push for top 5 folder on 1 rig
Old January 13, 2010, 12:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Nice, there goes my push for top 5 folder on 1 rig
Just put together another rig... You can't let him get away with that ...
Old January 13, 2010, 12:21 PM
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
Just put together another rig... You can't let him get away with that ...
I'm a student so i can't really drop that much money on another system, have my sega genesis mod i'm starting shortly (which i hope can do a couple k ppd), also only have 1 monitor and have no space for another (besides its back home)
Old January 13, 2010, 12:26 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I'm a student so i can't really drop that much money on another system, have my sega genesis mod i'm starting shortly (which i hope can do a couple k ppd), also only have 1 monitor and have no space for another (besides its back home)
I feel your pain... Maybe you'll win the F@H contest...