Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6, 2009, 09:44 AM
F@H

Use the 190.38, since they are the most recent drivers that are supported by CUDA. I also thought you only needed the 190s or higher to fold on different gen cards?
Old December 6, 2009, 10:12 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I believe you only need the newer versions of the F@H cores to fold on different generation cards. I do it on my Linux box which is running 18x drivers. The necessary Fahcore_14.exe version is automatically downloaded, and the Fahcore_11.exe version is here: http://www.stanford.edu/~friedrim/FahCore_11.exe
Old December 6, 2009, 11:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

I have the new core11 and core 14....both cards will not work.

-----

I might give the 190's a try then....thx !

--------

This issue with the 191 and 195 drivers isnt unique...there are a lot of people with the same problem.The driver will actually overvolt the card a little , if you are running an OC it can brick your card or mobo or both.

Nvidia is aware of the issue apparently.
Old December 6, 2009, 03:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
I have the new core11 and core 14....both cards will not work.

-----

I might give the 190's a try then....thx !

--------

This issue with the 191 and 195 drivers isnt unique...there are a lot of people with the same problem.The driver will actually overvolt the card a little , if you are running an OC it can brick your card or mobo or both.

Nvidia is aware of the issue apparently.
Same issue I was having when I was trying to get the 260 and 8800gt working together.
I just gave it up and decided to keep certain gen cards together and haven't had an issue since.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 6, 2009, 06:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I needed to run the 190.62's in order to have my GTX260 play L4D2 without vicious full scrambled screen lockups.
Old December 9, 2009, 04:26 PM
Folding Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Same issue I was having when I was trying to get the 260 and 8800gt working together.
I just gave it up and decided to keep certain gen cards together and haven't had an issue since.

ST
Looks like as of this afternoon, there is a new core that is supposed to allow for folding with different gen cards (again):
Linky: Folding Forum • View topic - New Nvidia Core released

Quote:
A new FahCore_11, v1.31, for NVidia has been posted. The changes from the previous version include fixes to the checkpointing logic, and a fix for machines w/ multiple gpus.
Just delete 'fahcore_11.exe' and it should automatically download the updated one.

Note: for a good laugh, read through the thread I linked...whoops!
Fold for team #54196
Old December 9, 2009, 04:31 PM
Banned
F@H

havent had an unstable machne, something 24 hr waiting period since last night, so i guess it picked the proper fixed core.
Old December 9, 2009, 06:07 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Looks like as of this afternoon, there is a new core that is supposed to allow for folding with different gen cards (again):
Linky: Folding Forum • View topic - New Nvidia Core released

Just delete 'fahcore_11.exe' and it should automatically download the updated one.

Note: for a good laugh, read through the thread I linked...whoops!
This is the same 1.31 core that has already been available for a while. They just made it the default public core rather than 1.18 or whatever the old version was. I've been using 1.31 in my secondary rig for a while so I can fold on my GTX260 and 9600GSOs in the same machine, and it works perfectly.
Old December 9, 2009, 06:17 PM
F@H

Lost a big adv wu for no reason, damn :(
Old December 9, 2009, 06:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
This is the same 1.31 core that has already been available for a while. They just made it the default public core rather than 1.18 or whatever the old version was. I've been using 1.31 in my secondary rig for a while so I can fold on my GTX260 and 9600GSOs in the same machine, and it works perfectly.
I want to try again, but it was such a PITA that I'm not sure lol!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com