Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8, 2019, 10:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Division 2

Hey everyone,

Not sure how many people were crazy enough here to Pre-Order (or know someone whom did and sent an invite) the Division 2, but I'm curious to see what everyone's thoughts are whom has access to the Beta (which opened up yesterday).

Personally, I feel that a lot of the changes made in both the combat, and abilities of our characters were very much worthwhile. I only got a few hours of gameplay in, but the world feels more complex and dangerous TBH.

I'll post more once I get more experience in it, but just curious to see other peoples initial thoughts.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 8, 2019, 10:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

What package did you pre-order, if you don't mind me asking? They are pricey.

Question, does the world feel more open or alive than the first one? I still like the first one and just bought the rest of the expansions on sale, but the thing that always bugged me was it never really felt like a populated open world. The NPCs wandering around add very little to the gameplay and the city feels more or less like a big walled maze. You can't really explore much the way they intended in the original reveals, and unless a building has a mission or encounter you either can't enter it or there isn't much point to if you can. Does this one feel more open, or similar to the original?
i7 8700K @ 4.8GHz (Swiftech H220) | ASUS Maximus X Code | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC ver. | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Meshify C | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro

Last edited by Lysrin; February 8, 2019 at 10:27 AM.
Old February 8, 2019, 10:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysrin View Post
What package did you pre-order, if you don't mind me asking? They are pricey.

Question, does the world feel more open or alive than the first one? I still like the first one and just bought the rest of the expansions on sale, but the thing that always bugged me was it never really felt like a populated open world. The NPCs wandering around add very little to the gameplay and the city feels more or less like a big walled maze. You can't really explore much the way they intended in the original reveals, and unless a building has a mission or encounter you either can't enter it or their isn't much point to if you can. Does this one feel more open, or similar to the original?
Please note that this response comes from only hours worth of experience versus the months I had with the original (Alpha/Beta/Launch).

It does feel like there is more alive and open and changing. There are contested points that you can call in reinforcements to (NPC). There are NPC's out in the world scavenging and bring supplies back to 'settlements'. It feels like the landscape evolves and changes as you start fixing the city. I'm not sure if the contested points of interest can change hands but I think it is possible so you might have to always be helping NPC's out as you progress.

IT does definitely feel more 3D than the first, and more detailed and with that ambience of an almost post apocalyptic world.

Again, this is my initial thoughts.

And I got the Gold Package but namely because I cashed in all my Petro Points and got XBOX Gift cards, so, on a technicality, it cost me $0 (I need gas for my car no matter what, the Points are just a residual bonus of that).

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old February 8, 2019, 10:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hmm. That does sound like some interesting gameplay changes. Kind of like building your base in the first one but at a larger scale? I think NPCs running around actually doing that would make the world feel more alive. In the first one I ignore NPCs unless they scan as needing aid, then I help them out so I can get me a new cap or sweater! lol

Nice about the Petro Points!
i7 8700K @ 4.8GHz (Swiftech H220) | ASUS Maximus X Code | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC ver. | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Meshify C | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro
Old February 8, 2019, 11:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Hmm. That does sound like some interesting gameplay changes. Kind of like building your base in the first one but at a larger scale? I think NPCs running around actually doing that would make the world feel more alive. In the first one I ignore NPCs unless they scan as needing aid, then I help them out so I can get me a new cap or sweater! lol

Nice about the Petro Points!
From my very limited experience, it feels more in depth for sure. I'll keep you posted.

-ST

Old February 8, 2019, 12:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have it downloaded but haven't played yet, we'll see tonight how it goes. I didn't play the first one at all though so I can't compare the two.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old February 8, 2019, 03:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I signed up for the beta...I played a lot of Div 1. Ended up quitting after one of the repetitive balancing patches. I was tired of re-farming guns & mods every couple weeks in order to be competitive. I think it was the patch before the new Dark Zones opened up (789?).

I really enjoyed the game, but felt it went through a lot of growing pains because it felt rushed to market. I hope Division 2 doesnt suffer the same fate.

If it turns out good ST, let me know. Finding good teammates was always a struggle in Div 1.
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old February 8, 2019, 09:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Played through to level 4 so far, nothing game breaking except for a turret sound bug where the gatling sound won't go away. Haven't played with anybody online but so far the game seems interesting playing alone. I can see it getting tedious though with the running and the looting and whatnot. Guess that's not really unexpected for this kinda game though.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old February 8, 2019, 10:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I was lucky enough to get the code from Mr. Friendly, and it seemed to register fine, but I can't seem to get the beta to show up for me to download in UPlay. Anyone else have that issue? Been about 2 hours since I registered the code.
Old February 8, 2019, 10:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I was lucky enough to get the code from Mr. Friendly, and it seemed to register fine, but I can't seem to get the beta to show up for me to download in UPlay. Anyone else have that issue? Been about 2 hours since I registered the code.
There was a second 'tab' last I remember the you had to access for beta games it wasn't in with your normal games list.
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about