Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2, 2019, 03:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

You better buy it, or the franchise will become a console exclusive, says a developer. It's a brilliant strategy, after all it worked out well for Battlefield V.
Old February 2, 2019, 04:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Didn't Metro start out as a tech demo for NVIDIA? Or was it just heavily featured by NVIDIA? Seems odd to abandon PC if NVIDIA was the one backing them.
Old February 2, 2019, 04:20 PM

My System Specs

I'll buy it.... After the year of Epic exclusivity is over and its on other platforms.
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old February 2, 2019, 08:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly007 View Post
You better buy it, or the franchise will become a console exclusive, says a developer. It's a brilliant strategy, after all it worked out well for Battlefield V.
Well that seems an odd thing for a developer to say. Almost sounds like blackmailing PC gamers. Hmm... not sure I think much of that tactic...

I didn't give a whole lot of thought to the service exclusivity to be honest, until this thread. I use whichever one sells me a game at the best price most of the time, but I don't care much for that tactic. I prefer games where the developer is interested in making an excellent PC experience and those are getting harder to find these days.

No offence to the console players out there, I'm just not one!
i7 8700K @ 4.8GHz | Custom liquid cooling loop | ASUS Maximus X Code | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC ver. | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Meshify C | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro
Old February 2, 2019, 09:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I will buy it if it is good. I don't like exclusives but if it is good then why miss a good game. I prefer the steam store but I already have a bunch of different launchers anyway so why not another?

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old July 8, 2019, 06:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

So, I thought I would bump this. Not sure if anyone knew (because I certainly didnt) but its not just exclusive to Epic any more and been added to Xbox Game Pass.

Since I jumped on the game pass 3 year subscription promo amazing thing, AND dont have to install more garbage ecosystem stuff, I am now playing it.

It is good. Very good in fact. A bit different, as its more open world than tunnel-crawler, but the story and availability of things to do and find is really nice. Think Witcher 3 (but not as graphically beautiful, it is a wasteland after all) with guns and radiation
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old July 10, 2019, 07:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I played it on a friends Epic account, and yeah it does look great and seems to play ok, I probably need to go thru it again before giving it a 5star review.
Old July 10, 2019, 08:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Still too many spiders though, makes me feel the same way I do when I walk through them in real life.

But yeah, nice that it's included with Game Pass.