Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2018, 09:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysrin View Post
So you guys that are enjoying it, what is your take on the AI? Perhaps that has been improved in the big update that came out?

Lots of the other issues shown in videos are certainly a fix that can be done through patching.
AI is pretty damn good. They will go and hide and poke out to shoot you. One will actively charge at you and tackle you.

Knowing weak spots plays a huge role in the game.

There are issues... not going to say there isn't... but Its a Fallout game.. they all have issues.
Old November 23, 2018, 09:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hm, OK. Interesting. One video I saw had the AI confused by the player being up on a one step high platform. They just sort of froze and he took his time taking them out. But maybe those are just specific cases and not the norm since what you've experienced sounds better.

All stuff that can be improved too over time.
i7 8700K @ 4.8GHz (Swiftech H220) | ASUS Maximus X Code | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC ver. | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Meshify C | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro
Old November 23, 2018, 10:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysrin View Post
Hm, OK. Interesting. One video I saw had the AI confused by the player being up on a one step high platform. They just sort of froze and he took his time taking them out. But maybe those are just specific cases and not the norm since what you've experienced sounds better.

All stuff that can be improved too over time.
I ran into a camp of a bunch of super mutants who chased me... so I lemming'd over a cliff and they stood at the edge waiting for me. One eventually jumped down and start attacking me and pushed me over another direction where they continued the chase lol.
Old November 23, 2018, 01:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

So far my Wife and I are enjoying the game very much.
It's a bit different from F4 , and its been a while since I played that series but so far so good.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 23, 2018, 05:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I haven't understood the universal hate for the game, it isn't perfect, but I think a lot of it is from die hard fans who hate the idea of a multiplayer Fallout. So far the missus and I have been enjoying playing the game, together or in our clan as well as I know a few die hard Fallout fans who have been enjoying the hell out of the game too.
I think it is getting a lot of hate because it for the most part is a bad game. It is nothing like Fallout as it has almost no story, no interesting characters to interact with. A TERRIBLE leveling and perk system. It is super buggy and at times laggy. Once the world is explored there pretty much is nothing else to do.

By having no NPCs ruins the game for a lot of people. What made Fallout games so good was interacting with the different factions and having some sort of influence on the world. There are no raiders that were so fun to deal with either.

It is a shell of a Fallout game with multiplayer added on. What Fallout fans want was just coop added and not this mess of a game. Actually most fans wanted another single player game with optional coop added.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old November 23, 2018, 05:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If Beth doesn't just outright pull the plug on this in six months due to bad sales, I'm fully expecting it to go Freemium or free-to-play, pay-to-win at around 6-8 months followed by the death of the servers within a year after that. In theory they could pull an 'Elder Scrolls Online' again and massively reinvest in the game, redesign and it becomes a somewhat respectable game, but I'm not betting on it. I don't expect an ESO 2.0 or a Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn, I think they'll cut their losses and there'll be a brief internet fury before this replaces 'Brotherhood of Steel' as the black sheep of the fallout line.

It's a shame, I still had my Fallout 1&2 discs until a couple years ago (I have them on Steam and GOG so just donated the discs), and thought F3 was a good rebirth of the series. FNV was stellar if buggy, per Obsidian's norm, and F4 started really showing signs of Beth starting to make some bad decisions and really gunning to monetize games as much as possible. It's not a great sign for the series' future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
It is a shell of a Fallout game with multiplayer added on. What Fallout fans want was just coop added and not this mess of a game. Actually most fans wanted another single player game with optional coop added.
A 2-3 player coop along the lines of FarCry or something could play well and a few mods for Skyrim showed a 'proof of concept' that could work. Sadly Beth seemed to have been looking for just a 'what makes the most money right now'.
Old November 23, 2018, 05:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
I think it is getting a lot of hate because it for the most part is a bad game. It is nothing like Fallout as it has almost no story, no interesting characters to interact with. A TERRIBLE leveling and perk system. It is super buggy and at times laggy. Once the world is explored there pretty much is nothing else to do.

By having no NPCs ruins the game for a lot of people. What made Fallout games so good was interacting with the different factions and having some sort of influence on the world. There are no raiders that were so fun to deal with either.

Lots of different stories
Lots of different NPCs and the travelling merchant is great
No lag for me
No major bugs for me
Levelling system is fine
Perk system is fine

You said it yourself... Fan boys are butt hurt.
Old November 23, 2018, 07:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Lots of different stories
Lots of different NPCs and the travelling merchant is great
No lag for me
No major bugs for me
Levelling system is fine
Perk system is fine

You said it yourself... Fan boys are butt hurt.

Its almost as if different people have different opinions and expectations about games.

Shocking, I know.
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 23, 2018, 08:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Its almost as if different people have different opinions and expectations about games.

Shocking, I know.
We don't take kindly to that kind of talk here on the interwebs stranger...
Old November 23, 2018, 08:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
We don't take kindly to that kind of talk here on the interwebs stranger...

This is a Fallout 76 thread, not RDR2 thread. Please keep it on topic

()
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about