Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 12, 2018, 08:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Gets me wondering how the hell VATS may or may not work at all in this game.
I suspect it'll be 'instanced' enabled with groups, and not open world. Cant see how else they'd do it.
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old June 12, 2018, 10:16 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Gets me wondering how the hell VATS may or may not work at all in this game.
It is real-time so no slow motion.
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old June 13, 2018, 04:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There will also be little story involved and there are no NPCs other than robots and monsters. This looks like it will be more of an Ark or Rust type clone.

I am not interested in this game at all. Hopefully this doesn't sell well and we get a true single player focused game with OPTIONAL coop. I hate how every game nowadays seems to be going with forced always online even for single player games.

So this looks like it will be a side project and not a Fallout 5. I have enough multiplayer games and don't have the time/can't coordinate my friends to always be online at the same time to enjoy this. Back in high school I think I would have loved this game but now I am lucky if I get an hour or two a week when my friends are all online at the same time.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old June 27, 2018, 06:09 AM
Rookie

Here is Fallout 76 Gameply video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOzmHWDMAOc
Old June 27, 2018, 07:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahs89 View Post
Here is Fallout 76 Gameply video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOzmHWDMAOc
Well that has me sold... the whole sending a nuke to another area is a interesting idea lol.
Old August 27, 2018, 12:56 PM
Top Prospect

Fallout 76 has a really interesting PVP system where if the other person doesn't engage you in combat and you kill them anyway, you get a bounty on your head which is paid by your own money and all other players can see you on the map but you can't see them. You can even block players that are trolling you and they won't be able to mess with you during that session. That's a great way to minimize griefing, lol.

You're immune to player damage till level 5 so you get into the game a little before other people just start killing you.

You can store stuff in boxes that no other player can access.

There's a pacifist mode where your bullets won't hurt others so you totally play solo and ignore other players completely

So far it looks pretty casual-gamer friendly. I don't usually play online games but so far Fallout 76 doesn't look too competitive and you can enjoy it at your own pace.

Few other gameplay mechanics explained in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c48GX8MRE7o
Old November 4, 2018, 01:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So they've added flying Deathclaws to this hot mess..... :S
Old November 5, 2018, 08:08 AM
MVP

My System Specs

After watching Oxhorn's live streams of the PC beta, I'm actually tempted now. I HATE the idea of multiplayer Fallout, but having a big Fallout world to run around in is really tempting. Yeah it's basically a modded FO4 with no single player campaign, but it looks really good graphically, and there's TONS of lore if you're a fan of that stuff.
Old November 5, 2018, 09:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
After watching Oxhorn's live streams of the PC beta, I'm actually tempted now. I HATE the idea of multiplayer Fallout, but having a big Fallout world to run around in is really tempting. Yeah it's basically a modded FO4 with no single player campaign, but it looks really good graphically, and there's TONS of lore if you're a fan of that stuff.

Yea, but no NPCs kind of makes for a boring dead world. At least those are my thoughts. I'm just disappointed that they went this route for a fallout game. I could maybe even understand a side project or something for MP, but a core game in the fallout world just doesn't below as MP.

https://www.evga.com/associates/defa...CUV5OY6FY0U02O
Old November 5, 2018, 09:36 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Yea, but no NPCs kind of makes for a boring dead world. At least those are my thoughts. I'm just disappointed that they went this route for a fallout game. I could maybe even understand a side project or something for MP, but a core game in the fallout world just doesn't below as MP.
It is a side game though. Bugthesda already confirmed that FO76 didn't slow down any other development work on Starfield, TES6, or FO5. We won't see FO5 for years though, hence my temptation.