Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26, 2018, 12:09 PM
Top Prospect

Default Post Scriptum and Hell let loose

I've been following updates on Post Scriptum and Hell let loose for a while now. I mentioned them both because they're both FPS WW2 shooters with large open maps.

Post Scriptum is much closer to release than Hell let loose which is still in its alpha phase. Post Scriptum can be pre-purchased right now on steam and it'll be released straight to V1.0 without going into early access.
I love WW2 shooters so I'm excited to try both because they both look promising.

Just wanted to know if you guys have heard of these 2 games and if you have, what are your opinions about them?
Old May 26, 2018, 05:59 PM
MVP

I hadn't heard of either of them until I read this thread. I too like WWII shooters, so I'll make a point to have a look and see what they're all about.
Old May 26, 2018, 06:16 PM
MVP

Hmmm, both of those look pretty interesting..... based on what video there was available, I think I'd lean more towards Hell Let Loose....
Old May 26, 2018, 07:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I hadn't heard of them either. Both look interesting. Might be exactly what we need in this COD world these days!
i7 8700K @ 4.8GHz (Swiftech H220) | ASUS Maximus X Code | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC ver. | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Meshify C | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro
Old May 26, 2018, 10:41 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
Hmmm, both of those look pretty interesting..... based on what video there was available, I think I'd lean more towards Hell Let Loose....
From what I've seen in some videos and discussions, Hell let loose is very well optimized. The game's startup and loading times are pretty fast but we'll have to wait a while for Hell let loose to be released.

Post Scriptum will be released soon but I've heard its been facing some fps issues. Maybe I'll wait a while for a few patches after its release.
Old May 27, 2018, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have heard of both and have backed Hell Let Loose on kickstarter. I am waiting for release before I purchase Post Scriptum but it is looking pretty good.

More excited about these two games than Battlefield V.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old June 10, 2018, 03:20 PM
MVP

Just to add to this thread, here's a blurb, about Post Scriptum, that a member over at xNCIX.ca posted today..... thought it might be of interest around here:

"Post Scriptum is described as a WW2 military FPS simulation in the shadow of the Squad (game). Its still in development and had two weekends of running a test version for pre-release backers. Anticipated release time was Spring 2018 but fallen to released when its ready.

First impressions were as the developers said; it is like a WW2 simulation and anyone familiar with the Squad game will find major similarities. Players are able to choose the side (faction) they want to play on, a section they wish to play with (Infantry, Logistics, Amour), and choose the load-out with some limitations the section type uses. Section Leader or Commander positions can be picked and require the use of comms to coordinate section/faction's activities using a mic and in-game VOIP. Players use weapons of the period; manual bolt action rifles, sub-machine weapons, machine guns, tanks and spawn trucks. AI driven aircraft can be requested by the Commander and perform airstrikes on enemy positions.

The game play is slower than the Battlefield or COD type games. Players spawn in a map with several targets that require to be captured or defended. After one is captured, the next target is presented and factions have to move and adapt their strategies and positions.

The graphics in the test version appear simplistic and not overly gorgeous. Once playing your don't really pay attention to it anyway. The rendering is done quite well, foliage acts as good cover, and hit registraton appears accurate though I haven't tried high ping servers. To be successful, you have to listen to the Squad Leader. As a run and gun game, it won;t be fun as most shots are one shot kills, everyone uses cover, and you're never sure where the enemy is until the tanks come, the aircraft drop the bombs, and everyone comes out of the bushes. You looking and listening, moving, covering, and aiming at everything that moves. The problem is distinguishing is the enemy, as everyone has brown uniforms. You have to check the map, look at your direction of fire, and if a blue dot in the way, then its probably your teammate. If no blue dot, then the brown uniform is probably the enemy. I guess that's historically accurate as many uniforms running around and you have to make a decision whether the target is the enemy or not. Lol, during the time I check the map, the mouse moves changes my direction of visibility, no blue dot, make a decision, then bang I just killed a buddy. Your shots require alot more discretion than in a BF game.

All in all I like the WW2 action and the slower more considered pace. Not a game for the casual player looking for instant gratification"
Old June 20, 2018, 08:08 AM
Top Prospect

Post Scriptum finally has a release date
Attached Images

Old June 20, 2018, 08:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Oh! And it is very soon too. Have they updated their character models yet, and shown them publicly?
i7 8700K @ 4.8GHz (Swiftech H220) | ASUS Maximus X Code | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC ver. | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Meshify C | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro
Old August 10, 2018, 05:26 AM
Top Prospect

Well looks like Post Scriptum is finally out on steam after some delays. It's getting some mixed reviews though, a lot of people are stating that they lied on their steam store page and many of the features they have listed aren't actually in the game yet.