Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22, 2018, 01:38 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysrin View Post

It is definitely light on tutorial or training. The UI is quite good info flyouts when you hover over something. But there are pieces of info I must have missed somehow.

When you have your mech or another mech targeted, and you get the information above the mech in the game world view, you have structure and armour, and also a number to the left - injury? And then at the bottom, sort of below the structure and armour bars are iirc two other bars. The first one is heat, but what is the very bottom one?

Yes a screenshot would be helpful but it is Friday and I am thinking about Battletech at work
alright... going by guessing alone...
orange bar is structure, white is armour, the number in either an orange or greyed out circle (depending on if it's moved or not) is initiative turn
bottom left two bars are heat (orange) and stability (yellow)
Old June 22, 2018, 06:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

That sounds right dragoonxx! Thanks. Stability was the one I was having trouble figuring out I believe.
i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz (Swiftech H240-X) | ASUS Z97-Pro WiFi | 32GB Patriot Viper 1600MHz | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB, HDD 500GB (x2) | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Corsair 650D | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro
Old July 24, 2018, 04:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Been playing this over the last week and I like it, but it's laboriously slow. Enabling the speed up animations in settings helps, but I'm tired of seeing the warp jump movie and there's just so much slow time. While I'm enjoying it, I'm on the 5th or 6th mission for Lady Arano and I'm now using Cheatengine to just speed through the campaign. It's not terribly hard, but it's the slow pace of moving your mechs to strategic positions, picking off the enemy one by one (or two a turn if you score a couple lucky headshots), etc.

Still glad I bought it, and I like seeing Harebrained schemes keep bringing back more old franchises. I'd personally like to see a more fleshed out Shadowrun game though.
Old July 24, 2018, 06:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
Been playing this over the last week and I like it, but it's laboriously slow. Enabling the speed up animations in settings helps, but I'm tired of seeing the warp jump movie and there's just so much slow time. While I'm enjoying it, I'm on the 5th or 6th mission for Lady Arano and I'm now using Cheatengine to just speed through the campaign. It's not terribly hard, but it's the slow pace of moving your mechs to strategic positions, picking off the enemy one by one (or two a turn if you score a couple lucky headshots), etc.

Still glad I bought it, and I like seeing Harebrained schemes keep bringing back more old franchises. I'd personally like to see a more fleshed out Shadowrun game though.
There are definitely two camps on the game speed. Personally I love the pace and didn't even want the speed up options they added, don't use them. Moving my mechs slowly and strategically is what I loved about the original board game so this reproduces that perfectly IMO and that works for me.

But I do agree about the jump ship movie... that gets to be a bit much
i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz (Swiftech H240-X) | ASUS Z97-Pro WiFi | 32GB Patriot Viper 1600MHz | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB, HDD 500GB (x2) | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Corsair 650D | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro
Old July 27, 2018, 11:56 AM
Allstar

i like that there's now the option to speed up (i tried with sped up animations...and looked odd, so i just do it for moves)
but what i have been playing (at least until the newest update which broke it) has been Roguetech... so much harder, and even more ability to tweak settings
Old July 27, 2018, 01:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I finished it this morning and uninstalled it. I like the idea of Battletech more than playing it I guess. The characters and story were definitely weaker than HBS's last two outings; Shadowrun Dragonfall and Shadowrun Hong Kong, I didn't really care about my senior staff, let alone pilots and everyone outside of the Kamea was exactly the same going into the game as they were at the end.

No a bad game by any means, but if HBS does a sequel I'll probably pass on it.
Old July 27, 2018, 01:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

yeah, Mech Commander II was much faster paced. granted, not FPS either...
Old July 27, 2018, 03:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
yeah, Mech Commander II was much faster paced. granted, not FPS either...
Maybe I'm misunderstanding but Battletech isn't FPS, it's turn based strategy.
Old July 27, 2018, 03:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysrin View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding but Battletech isn't FPS, it's turn based strategy.
I think you're mixing up Mech Command and Mechwarior.

Mech Commander was a real time strategy game that was based on Battletech/Mechwarrior. Think you still commanded a small lance of ~4 mechs, mission based with small maps, etc.
Old July 27, 2018, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yes, I know that. I think Friendly was getting them confused.