Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 10, 2015, 06:13 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Thanks for the clarification guys.
Game does sound interesting, especially if you play with friends. I guess if you run trade routes/missions with 1 or 2 friends that cut down on the chances of being attacked. I didn't know about the solo play option but I would imagine that makes the game feel "empty".
Old July 10, 2015, 07:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Unless they've changed it in the last little while there is an option for Solo play so that concerns over things like griefers don't come into play.
Yup, Solo Play is still there and is a great option. It doesn't really make the game feel empty, unless you really want to see other players, because all the NPC traffic is still there. You just don't have the other players flying around.

The neat thing is that anything you do in Solo Play still affects the Open Play galaxy. So for example if Solo Play players flood the market in a system with a certain traded commodity that will impact the value and the price of the commodity in Open Play. So it gives you all the same influence on the large game systems without the PvP. Slightly controversial but clever I think.

I am not sure what happens with Powerplay, not sure if you can impact Powerplay from Solo Play?
Old July 10, 2015, 09:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Did some checking and Solo Play does affect Powerplay. So you can do all the Powerplay actions on your own in Solo and have it benefit and impact Factions or Powers in the Open Galaxy. Cool!

Last edited by Lysrin; July 10, 2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old July 11, 2015, 11:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Oh crap, what have I got myself into? The breadth of this game is pretty daunting to a newb. I'll be mucking around in Solo until I can figure out what the hell I'm doing.

Edit: Wow. I meant to play for about 20 minutes. 2 hours, 3 missions and 4 star systems later its time for bed.

Last edited by SugarJ; July 12, 2015 at 12:53 AM.
Old July 12, 2015, 06:00 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Unless they've changed it in the last little while there is an option for Solo play so that concerns over things like griefers don't come into play.
Is this gonna be like diablo where you wont play with me in this game too?
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old July 12, 2015, 07:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Is this gonna be like diablo where you wont play with me in this game too?
Heh, absolutely. :)

I'm not sure how many time's I have to say it.... I don't play nice in the sandbox when it comes to PC games. :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Old July 12, 2015, 12:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Add me under this name if you guys want friends :)
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old July 12, 2015, 01:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

PSA to new players: Mobius PVE group is up to 10k players now.

You can still wing up with buddies and there is none of the asshattery that goes on in open. Only pvp is consensual and generally restricted to combat zones.

CMDR Shifty76 if anyone wants to add me - I'm usually in mobius
Old July 12, 2015, 06:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
PSA to new players: Mobius PVE group is up to 10k players now.

You can still wing up with buddies and there is none of the asshattery that goes on in open. Only pvp is consensual and generally restricted to combat zones.

CMDR Shifty76 if anyone wants to add me - I'm usually in mobius
I saw some tweets about this but I don't really know what it is. Is this a group interested in the PvE but still playing in Open Play? You can't form wings in Solo Play can you?

And SugarJ, about "Edit: Wow. I meant to play for about 20 minutes. 2 hours, 3 missions and 4 star systems later its time for bed." Welcome to my world! I keep saying to myself "Don't take new missions at 11 o'clock at night!!" but I can't help myself!! And then in the bleary eyed morning I say "I'm never doing that again..." Right...
Old July 12, 2015, 07:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysrin View Post
I saw some tweets about this but I don't really know what it is. Is this a group interested in the PvE but still playing in Open Play? You can't form wings in Solo Play can you?

And SugarJ, about "Edit: Wow. I meant to play for about 20 minutes. 2 hours, 3 missions and 4 star systems later its time for bed." Welcome to my world! I keep saying to myself "Don't take new missions at 11 o'clock at night!!" but I can't help myself!! And then in the bleary eyed morning I say "I'm never doing that again..." Right...
When starting the game just select private group then mobius (once you've been accepted anyway, which is usually quick)

Only other mobius members will be in-game and they're pretty strict about the no pvp thing.