Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Sony Hacked... Again. (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/43854-sony-hacked-again.html)

Keywork June 3, 2011 10:17 AM

In other news, Sony fires all of their DBA's for incompetency....

headsh0t June 3, 2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 520770)
While I think this has gone on long ago personally.. Sony did bring this upon themselves. I mean George didn't really say anything or do anything wrong.. he didn't tell or show anyone (as far as we know) how he did it or anything. He just gave people a way to do it and Sony got bent out of shape and went all retarded.

Microsoft showed a good example of what to do and they hired people who did crap like this.

Totally agree. There is a reason why it is Sony being attacked right now and not anyone else.

Herne June 3, 2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsh0t (Post 520861)
Totally agree. There is a reason why it is Sony being attacked right now and not anyone else.

The same group 'LulzSec' has also claimed credit for hacking PBS, yes freakin' PBS, because the show Frontline was too critical of Julian Assange and Wikileaks.

LarkStarr June 3, 2011 12:02 PM

I don't think many care about the other OS feature such that they want to do anything and everything with their device.. there would probably already be a way around it if it wasn't included at launch and for the few years afterwards, but the simple fact is it was

A PROMISED LAUNCH-TIME FEATURE THAT WAS DESIGNED TO ATTRACT CONSUMERS TO PURCHASE A PS3.

You can't advertise a product or a feature of a product, then decide later on that "nah, actually we don't want you to have this capability." We call that false advertising, kids. I believe consumers got refunded in the UK for a portion of their purchase.

I used it instead of a virtual machine to play with linux more often then not. I was upset when they removed it.

NI3 June 3, 2011 01:08 PM

It is like nintendo disabling the motion sensing part of their motion controller after it was launched.

edit: though not as severe, it is an analogy.

_dangtx_ June 3, 2011 01:16 PM

someone remind me why the attacks on sony? :)

DkRk June 3, 2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herne (Post 520872)
The same group 'LulzSec' has also claimed credit for hacking PBS, yes freakin' PBS, because the show Frontline was too critical of Julian Assange and Wikileaks.

I know. A group of people who object to websites like Wikileaks being censured, only to censure a public broadcaster just because they didn't like the program? I think that's called 'hypocrisy.'

Supergrover June 3, 2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarkStarr (Post 520890)
I don't think many care about the other OS feature such that they want to do anything and everything with their device.. there would probably already be a way around it if it wasn't included at launch and for the few years afterwards, but the simple fact is it was

A PROMISED LAUNCH-TIME FEATURE THAT WAS DESIGNED TO ATTRACT CONSUMERS TO PURCHASE A PS3.

You can't advertise a product or a feature of a product, then decide later on that "nah, actually we don't want you to have this capability." We call that false advertising, kids. I believe consumers got refunded in the UK for a portion of their purchase.

I used it instead of a virtual machine to play with linux more often then not. I was upset when they removed it.

Acounability, its a bitch.

I agree not alot of sympathy for Sony ( for those that have misfortune come there way over the lost info yes I feel for you guys )

On2wheels June 3, 2011 06:11 PM

I guess we better not bash them too much here, those bastards will hit HWC next.

Jackquelegs June 3, 2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 (Post 520788)
Is there any good reason to buy sony product out of the PS3 for the nice blu-ray/ streaming / some game purpose?

I have a PSP, and I hate their updates :doh: