Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8, 2011, 05:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

1.3 has seemed fine for me so far, no issues that I have seen, at least not yet.

https://www.evga.com/associates/defa...CUV5OY6FY0U02O
Old December 17, 2011, 08:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSHvPJD_558&feature=related[/youtube]
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old December 18, 2011, 08:18 AM
Quadfather

This is such a love/hate game for me... does anyone else feel that way?

Fresh story, tons to do, sure. But so many bugs, glitches, annoyances.... Here are just a few that bother me without end:
- No classes? really? Dumbing down the game for the masses?
- Brand new game and they still haven't figured out what a "Solid" is. Armor shouldn't FLEX.
- When walking down the street, people I've never met don't speak to me. Especially when I'm ALREADY talking to someone else. NPC's are just gigantic morons altogether.
etc etc etc...

Could probably write paragraphs like this.... But I'll keep playing the game anyways. Heh. Maybe that's what Beth wanted. A halfassed game with lots of story that people don't peel away from, no matter how broken.
Old December 18, 2011, 10:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post

Fresh story, tons to do, sure. But so many bugs, glitches, annoyances.... Here are just a few that bother me without end:
- Brand new game and they still haven't figured out what a "Solid" is. Armor shouldn't FLEX.
- When walking down the street, people I've never met don't speak to me. Especially when I'm ALREADY talking to someone else. NPC's are just gigantic morons altogether.
etc etc etc...

Could probably write paragraphs like this.... But I'll keep playing the game anyways. Heh. Maybe that's what Beth wanted. A halfassed game with lots of story that people don't peel away from, no matter how broken.
This is exactly what I am going through , also sometimes when I fast travel or the seen changes from entering a room or dungeon the game just crashes to desktop
Old December 18, 2011, 12:10 PM
Quadfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
This is exactly what I am going through , also sometimes when I fast travel or the seen changes from entering a room or dungeon the game just crashes to desktop
Dont forget the classic:

Player1: "Oh no! I forgot to mark our trail as we entered this dungeon! And I don't have clairvoyance! How will we ever get back out again?"
Player2: "Don't worry, I'm sure the last - and strongest - thing here has set up a quick escape route whose semi-concealed exit just so happens to be next to the entrance!"
Old December 18, 2011, 12:55 PM

My System Specs

I don't find many in game bugs at all. But the crashes to desktop 2-3 times per hour is annoying.
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old December 18, 2011, 12:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Still haven't started playing this yet.... maybe by the time I've got my SLI mojo working again they'll have the "crashing to the desktop" bugs resolved..... ;)
Dell G3 - i5 8300H / HP EX920 512GB NVME / 2X8GB HyperX Impact / 1TB SSHD / GTX 1050ti / N156HHE-GA1 120HZ Monitor
Old December 18, 2011, 01:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I CTDed for the first time in almost 2 weeks lastnight after installing new amd drivers. Just the one crash mind you.
I save often so for the few bugs I have found I just restart.
I have been using radeonpro to force my xfire profile, guess I should see if the new cap works, though I didnt see Skyrim in the notes.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old December 18, 2011, 03:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I haven't had barely any CTD, now that said if I don't use the 4GB skyrim patch, I do get issues.

Quote:
Dont forget the classic:

Player1: "Oh no! I forgot to mark our trail as we entered this dungeon! And I don't have clairvoyance! How will we ever get back out again?"
Player2: "Don't worry, I'm sure the last - and strongest - thing here has set up a quick escape route whose semi-concealed exit just so happens to be next to the entrance!"
This is something I like. Lets face it, if there is a quick exit after you have just spent 30 minutes clearing out a dungeon it is nice. Sure beats have to back track through the entire dungeon.

Quote:

etc etc etc...

As for your comment about the classes, yes at first I completely agreed, but now that I am in the game a long ways I have soften up on my approach. I think this is because I usually end up with something like an arcane warrior type and that can be difficult sometimes with very restrictive classes.

Yes NPCs are morons, but this game has done them a lot better than most. At least they live their lives and go to work and go home and get into conversations with each other, which is way beyond most games.

I do have one question, what do you mean by the armor flexing comment? I have not see armor that doesn't flex, I mean you have to be able to move in it. Maybe I'm missing something, but armor is built in pieces so that you do have movement and what I suppose could look like flex. I just haven't seen what you mean by flex in the game.

All in all though, I agree that this game has many little issues, but the thing is there is also so much done right that we continue to play it.

https://www.evga.com/associates/defa...CUV5OY6FY0U02O
Old December 18, 2011, 04:24 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

etc etc etc...

I initially felt the same way about the removal of classes, but I'm starting to think that the inclusion of perks makes up for it. I really like that you need to make choices about which perks match your play style, and that max level characters with 100 in every skill will still differ from each other due to different perk choices. That alone makes me enjoy this game more than Oblivion.

Nonetheless, I would have been happier if perks *and* classes had been in the game. The original stat system instead of the simplified health/magicka/stamina system would have been nice too.