Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18, 2018, 01:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysrin View Post
I looked at that one. Anyone already play? Is it any good? I mean free is a pretty good price but still...
the gameplay video's look really good.

the thoughts of knights and vikings and samurai on conquest is a cool premise!

premise other than religious reasoning...
Old June 19, 2018, 12:02 AM
MVP

Quote:
Is it any good? I mean free is a pretty good price but still...

I know exactly what you mean - there's been a few of these freebies lately, that I've looked up, just to get some idea of what they're about, and the general consensus on what people think of them, and after looking, I've just gone.... "meh, not THAT interested, in spite of the price"....
Old June 19, 2018, 06:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
I know exactly what you mean - there's been a few of these freebies lately, that I've looked up, just to get some idea of what they're about, and the general consensus on what people think of them, and after looking, I've just gone.... "meh, not THAT interested, in spite of the price"....
My thinking too... but... I still grabbed it. I'll throw it on the pile of "someday" games!
i7 8700K @ 4.8GHz (Swiftech H220) | ASUS Maximus X Code | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC ver. | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Meshify C | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro
Old June 19, 2018, 07:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
My thinking too... but... I still grabbed it. I'll throw it on the pile of "someday" games!

My pile of "someday" games has grown huge now. Oh and while it doesn't seem as good as it once was, the Steam Summer Sale is due to start in just 2 more days (well supposedly)

https://www.evga.com/associates/defa...CUV5OY6FY0U02O
Old June 19, 2018, 07:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

smazoly! FH is almost 53GB!!! :o
Old June 19, 2018, 07:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
My pile of "someday" games has grown huge now. Oh and while it doesn't seem as good as it once was, the Steam Summer Sale is due to start in just 2 more days (well supposedly)
Yeah, several times I have been looking at game sites and said "Oh that's a good deal, I wanted that game" only to discover when I went to buy it it was already in my library!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
smazoly! FH is almost 53GB!!! :o
That is big! Must be something worthwhile there, or it has very nice, very big textures ;)
i7 8700K @ 4.8GHz (Swiftech H220) | ASUS Maximus X Code | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC ver. | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Meshify C | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro
Old June 19, 2018, 07:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

even more interesting...it's downloaded just about 10GB and now marks itself as 'playable'. when I put my mouse over the 'Play' button, it says it can work as it has all the game files, but the experience my not be ideal until all the files have downloaded.
Old June 19, 2018, 08:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
even more interesting...it's downloaded just about 10GB and now marks itself as 'playable'. when I put my mouse over the 'Play' button, it says it can work as it has all the game files, but the experience my not be ideal until all the files have downloaded.
I wouldn't be surprised if FH loaded absolutely everything and all DLC from the game even on a 'base' or 'free' install, with it just becoming unlocked once it's detected on your account. Kind of like the 'On disc DLC' that was a moderate uproar when DLC was first coming into it's prime.

With it being mostly on an online MP game, it probably needs every asset as other players will have unlocked skins, characters, models, etc that you might not personally have but will have to be produced in game anyway.
Old June 19, 2018, 10:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Steam has done this for quite some time.. Never tried it myself... but was curious of how it worked.. I'm thinking files are cached?
Old June 19, 2018, 10:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

not bad...3 hours on a 50Mb connection to download 52GB.

well poop. it won't let me play because of my onboard GPU, won't even try to load. :(

Last edited by Mr. Friendly; June 19, 2018 at 10:45 AM.