Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Diablo 3 (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/35331-diablo-3-a.html)

muse108dc April 21, 2012 02:38 PM

I agree, calling this a beta really does belittle the word. Would something bad have happened if they had say opened up more of the game for just the weekend?

The only thing that will be tested in this beta is their servers. Which on more than one occasion have not passed the test.

Dr_BenD_over April 21, 2012 02:53 PM

No voice in game, WTF!? How are you supposed to coordinate in in co-op! (this didn't used to be an issue but I can't host my own TS server on my current net connection and nobody else I routinely game with seems to be able to set one up properly)

Pabz0r545 April 21, 2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muse108dc (Post 622700)
I agree, calling this a beta really does belittle the word. Would something bad have happened if they had say opened up more of the game for just the weekend?

The only thing that will be tested in this beta is their servers. Which on more than one occasion have not passed the test.

Calling it a beta is pretty messed up I agree. It's more like a demo.

But as far as testing goes it's been said time and time again since beta opened the main use of it was for stress testing the servers. most bug hunting and all that was done 'in house'.

enaberif April 21, 2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 (Post 622710)
Calling it a beta is pretty messed up I agree. It's more like a demo.

But as far as testing goes it's been said time and time again since beta opened the main use of it was for stress testing the servers. most bug hunting and all that was done 'in house'.

They could call this the D3 Demo and it would have gotten as much hype as calling it a beta.

muse108dc April 21, 2012 11:05 PM

whats the point of a beta that just stress tests? Sure I could understand that being the reason of this weekend mainly but for the entire thing? Bug hunting and feedback is what betas are all about.

Sushi Warrior April 22, 2012 07:55 AM

Well, if that's what happens with 10 years of Blizzards work then I'm pretty amazed. It's 3D Diablo 2, with less engaging graphics and much less fun gameplay. I'd pick Diablo 2 over it any day.

Deeival April 22, 2012 08:55 AM

I love it. Haters gonna hate I guess.

You guys saw that giant window right next to the login boxes that said this was a stress test, right.... right?

Shadowmeph April 22, 2012 09:02 AM

the game pay area seems smaller, less dungeons at least in the first part, in D2 you had more area and more dungeons where there area elite monsters which you could kill, I used to like ( in D2) joining a baal game and porting to all of the other main bosses in the game to Magic Find which worked out for everyone in game because if there was anything that was worth something but I didn't need I would just go to town and drop the finds then let the other players know

Sushi Warrior April 22, 2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deeival (Post 622821)

You guys saw that giant window right next to the login boxes that said this was a stress test, right.... right?

It's still fun, just... I woulda expected a bit more from 10 years of improvement on D2. And the game launches in less than a month... they're not really gonna change anything about it in that much time.

Pabz0r545 April 22, 2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deeival (Post 622821)

I love you! It makes me sad to see all this bandwagon hoppin haterism.

THis game is a vast improvement over d2. d2 looks like shit. And it has outdated imba gameplay.