Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 13, 2010, 09:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Your not going to hear much of a different review from me. I bought it pretty much because dice worked on it. I was hoping for larger maps, it is absolutely a COD clone, anyone that says it has "bfbc2" elements is an idiot. no squads, limited bullet physics, no incentive to "not" be a sniper an camping in one spot the entire game. The noob tube is underpowered like it is in bc2, so maby that is what they're talking about with "elements" i dunno. but either way, unless your hella bored of mw2 an looking for different maps an willing to pay 60 bucks for it an a single player mode I'd wait untill you are. but then black ops will be out i guess an you'll pass this one alltogether.

Now dont get me wrong, its still fun, but not at all what i was expecting as I hate mw2 multi, which is exactly what this game is.

vista 64 on these rigs
Q9450 @ 3.5Ghz | E8400 @ 4.2Ghz
8gb Muskin Redline. | 2gb Kingston Hyperx
________________________________|_________________ ______________
EVGA 780i FTW ----\--||___||--/---- EVGA 780i SLI
Antec TP Quatro 1000W \ :==^==: / Antec TP Quatro 850W.
Nvidia 9800 GX2 X 2 SLI \|--o--|/ Nvidia 8800 GTS X 2 SLI
1X 500GB Western Digital. \_____/ 3X 150GB WD RAPTOR RAID-0
Old October 13, 2010, 07:08 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Black Ops and Vietnam it is then.

Thanks for the head's up!

Cheers!
No_MOH_Canuck :)
Old October 13, 2010, 08:02 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Ok guys, so i spent a few hours playing the multiplayer tonight and here is my opinion.

Again following the single player campaign the graphics are fine and look great but the multiplayer suffers from the same lack of polish that the single player was missing.

Objects are very easy to get stuck on and quite often you will spawn on top of a team mates head, leaving you in the open to be picked off by the other teams snipers before you're even in the action.

On some maps the spawn camping is pretty bad, I think it was called Shaikot Mountains but it seemed like everytime i spawned or any of my team mates spawned it was instant death.

The mulitplayer does not appear to have any squad or grouping options which is a feature that is defiantly missed.

There also does not appear to be anyway that i could find, to see what your ping is while in a game. The server browser will tell you what the ping of the server is but once you join the actual game the score board only shows your points and rank etc. But lacks your ping! Not the end of the world but i joined a server that said i had a 35 ping and the game seemed like it was lagging really bad and I could not check my ping to see if that was the problem or not!

Snipers.... The sniper class seems to really over power every other class in the game as it is a 1 shot 1 kill gun. A few servers i played in people were not even camping as sniper, they were running around zergling style using the sniper rifle and killing everybody.

The realism is very nice because it prevents a lot of run and gunning but the gun damage does not seem like it registers properly or I am not entirely sure how to explain this one. Quite often I found myself getting killed with 1-2 shots from most guns but than other times the same player using the same gun seemed to be able to riddle me with bullets and I would live, I also found the same thing when shooting at other players. It doesn't seem to make much sense.

One thing that irked me quite a bit is the grenades. In most other games when you die if you're holding a grenade and pull the pin the grenade goes off... But it seems like the only time a grenade will go off after death is if you've already let go to throw it at somebody.

One other thing i noticed that I think would be quite frustrating for new players is some of the levels make it hard to distinguish the boundaries of the levels. So say you're getting sniped repeatedly and you're trying to locate the sniper, some maps make it very difficult to tell were players can go, and were players cannot go. I guess this makes the game great if you're a huge sniper fan so I am not 100% sure if this is bad or good.

I only played for a couple hours tonight and the things i liked the most about the MOH multiplayer was the realism. Most of the time 1-2 shots = Death. Which i always wanted in Call of Duty but the lack of polish and running into objects and getting stuck on team mates is very frustrating especially when you're all trying to work together to move forward and complete and objective! The lack of squad or groups isn't a deal breaker for me but it feels like it should be part of the game even though the maps are all COD sizes.

I am going to continue to play until i unlock everything just like i did with Call of Duty and Bad Company 2 but will more than likely stop after that is done.

Keep in mind guys this is just my opinion and your experience might differ from mine!
Old October 13, 2010, 08:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I actually enjoyed the beta multiplayer, it was fun, other than the bugs that hopefully have been sorted out since then. I also had problems with what you talk about in getting hung up on objects; that did happen to me a few times. Also, the sniper rifle isn't that bad, it should be one shot kill. The first rifle is bolt action and kills with one shot while the second one is semi-auto and less powerful and takes 2 or 3 shots.
Old October 13, 2010, 11:17 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Finally had a chance to try it and I got a question.
Is single player DX9 and the multiplayer DX11 or do I have to do something?

Old October 14, 2010, 06:12 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bc View Post
Finally had a chance to try it and I got a question.
Is single player DX9 and the multiplayer DX11 or do I have to do something?
Can you take a screenshot of the graphics options screen in single player? If I am not mistaken single player is DX9 and multiplayer is DX9 / DX10 / DX11....which makes about zero sense to me.

Another thing you can do is edit the game's .inf file (located in My Documents) in order to force DX11 and eliminate the absolutely restrictive FOV.
Old October 14, 2010, 11:02 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Can somebody explain me in plain terms why with this AA settings (from nVidia CP because those ingame are a bad joke)

In DX9 I have almost 80% GPU load, ~700MB VRAM loaded and playable framerates

and in DX10 I have under 10% GPU load, ~400 MB VRAM loaded and FPS's less than my fingers?

Latest beta and system specs are filled.
Thanks.
Old October 14, 2010, 11:18 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Sounds like horribly optimized drivers.
Old October 14, 2010, 11:19 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Forgot. Single player. If that matter.
Old October 14, 2010, 11:33 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
If I am not mistaken single player is DX9 and multiplayer is DX9 / DX10 / DX11....which makes about zero sense to me.
Single player uses Unreal 3 engine and multi player uses Frostbite...I wasn't expected that, it makes zero sense to me to.