Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18, 2010, 05:49 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I played for a little while last night and its pretty good for being beta.....I think it looks alot better then BFBC2 but I suck at both.

Old October 7, 2010, 08:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just saw this now even though this news has been out for sometime but if you buy the Limited Edition version of the new Medal of Honor, you get guaranteed access to the BF3 beta, which EA states will take place within 12 months of MoH's release. It's not really gonna help me convince to buy MoH to get access to a beta that hasn't been announced yet. Another thing I notice now is that BF3 will be available for consoles which is disappointing because this will obviously limit the capabilities of the game :( Let's hope not though.

Last edited by headsh0t; October 7, 2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old October 12, 2010, 06:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Is anyone playing MOH? Can you tell me what you like and dislike about it?
Old October 12, 2010, 07:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I played the beta when it was only for the BC2 people (or whatever it was). All I could say about it was it felt like an unpolished, buggy BC2 mod. Maybe that's changed since then though.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old October 12, 2010, 07:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The graphics were not that good compared to BC2. The controls felt like they were for consoles (not smooth). The map that we played felt like Rush mode in BC2 but with a greater bottleneck...

-Plato
Old October 12, 2010, 12:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Bit-tech hated it. Other places enjoyed it. Basically just a rehash into the already saturated genre of modern warfare games.
Old October 12, 2010, 12:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Cool.

I am out then. Thats basically what I thought. Thanks bo!
Old October 12, 2010, 05:14 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

So I just finished playing the single player and here is my opinion.

I bought the game knowing it was going to be a Call of Duty clone/knock off whatever you want to call it. The game takes place in mostly the mountains of Afghanistan with lots of cover to hide behind and tons of "bad guys" to shoot at as the game refers to them. Only in a couple of the cut scenes are they actually called the Taliban.

The single player campaign was exactly like every other FPS I have ever played. Not really much to talk about really in terms of the campaign. Kill bad guys, Kill more bad guys, Kill more bad guys, Call in Airstrike, Kill more bad guys. Roll credits.

The graphics are good, I don't have any complaints about the appearance of the game at all. But the game does feel like its missing some polish, you get stuck on quite a lot of objects. I found myself walking on top of my AI team mates heads a few times after jumping over broken tree's or cliff edges. It is also very strange that all 3 of the AI team mates can jump up ledges but you are always the one guy that cannot seem to jump and grab ledges, you either get a boost from a friendly AI or get pulled up by a friendly AI which i found extremely stupid.

The enemy AI was quite annoying throughout the game, getting sniped threw the tiniest cracks that you, yourself cannot actually see through! This was my biggest issue with the enemy AI.

You can pickup enemy guns throughout the single player campaign but I didn't really feel the need too as the weapons you're given always seem more than adequate to do the job.

The biggest complaint I have is the ending, I honestly thought the game had bugged out on me and that if i restarted the mission that the game would keep going, So i did, I restarted the last mission and got to the same point again and nope! Not a bug! Possibly the worst ending to any game I have ever played.

I am going to take a guess that the game ends the way it does in order to sell DLC.

And that is my take on the single player.

It took me roughly 5 hours on Medium to beat the single player campaign for those who might be curious. I think this is inline with about how long it takes to beat MW2 on the same settings.

I haven't played the multiplayer yet so I cannot comment on that yet.
Old October 12, 2010, 05:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

That sounds awful. LOL

Thanks a lot for typing that all out man... if you get to the multiplayer I'd love to hear that too!
Old October 12, 2010, 06:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I read a lengthier but similar review. Oh well, I was hoping for something that was going to scream "buy me" instead of "wait for mega Steam sale". /shrugs

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE