Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 3, 2010, 08:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My SHAW was down for 3 hours yesterday when I got home, so I didnt get the game downloaded till this AM....and now I am at work.....stupid SHAW!!!!

Corsair Obsidian 500D
Asus X99-E WS/USB3.1
i7-5820K @4.4GHZ
RTX 2070
4x4GB Corsair LPX 2666MHZ
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W GOLD
960GB ADATA SX8200 NVME
HP OMEN 32 1440p 75hz

Benq W1070 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK Vector RTX2080 FC, EK Coolstream XT 220 Rad, MCR320 Rad, EK-XTOP SPC-60 Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res
Old March 3, 2010, 09:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It's ok Cptn, the EA servers were overloaded half the night, you couldn't play MP anyway. I finally got on for 10 minutes at 11:00 local, when all the East Coast guys went to bed.
Old March 3, 2010, 09:13 AM
Quadfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
It's ok Cptn, the EA servers were overloaded half the night, you couldn't play MP anyway. I finally got on for 10 minutes at 11:00 local, when all the East Coast guys went to bed.
I got into MP once but got kicked after seconds due to a punkbuster error, hopefully it was just cause the servers were overloaded.

Playing SP it totally a blast though, and I'm really digging all the humor mixed into the action that bad company is famous for. Jokes that poke fun at other shooters especially make me laugh, like when Sweetwater makes a joke about not needed a P**** gun that has a heartbeat monitor built in, lol. There are many other examples already, and i only played about 2 hours of SP so far.
Old March 3, 2010, 09:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There's the two best knocks at MW2. Damn DICE knows what they're doing to make a good game. I got though the single player campaign already and it was a boatload of fun. Haggard is still the best character ever.

YouTube - Hilarious Modern Warfare 2 References in Bad Company 2
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old March 3, 2010, 09:39 AM
Quadfather

Hahaha! Ain't that the darn truth lpfan4ever...
"Drive faster Haggard!"
"I'm trying, but its a diesel..."

LOL
Old March 3, 2010, 10:05 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
I got into MP once but got kicked after seconds due to a punkbuster error, hopefully it was just cause the servers were overloaded.

Playing SP it totally a blast though, and I'm really digging all the humor mixed into the action that bad company is famous for. Jokes that poke fun at other shooters especially make me laugh, like when Sweetwater makes a joke about not needed a P**** gun that has a heartbeat monitor built in, lol. There are many other examples already, and i only played about 2 hours of SP so far.
Lots of people were getting kicked, and were freaking out on the Steam forums. I manually updated Punkbuster. PunkBuster Online Countermeasures Run pbsetup, add BFBC2, update.

And yes, loving the humor in SP. I now have to go buy the original game for my PS3.
Old March 3, 2010, 10:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

you guys are lucky. Between the kids, work and wife I wont be able to play it before next week end, and this is only after everyone went to bed...

Anticipated game release is one of the time I want to go back to my single days....

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old March 3, 2010, 12:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

ok, apparantly it was my fault why i couldn't log on.

my special "pre-load" refused to work with steam, i redownloaded and now it seems to work... such a waste.
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old March 3, 2010, 12:48 PM
Rookie

Comparing the Beta to the Retail is like night and day in every aspect. The lag is fixed and the graphics engine has been optimized. I had to play the beta on the lowest possible settings and shrink my res substantially, I had intense input lag. On the first run last night (other than the early connection issues) the game ran seemless, instantly boosting my K/D ratio over the beta. The one thing that was irritating was the inability to unlock ANYTHING, I don't know if it was just my account, or everyone in general. I couldn't even get a medikit/ammo kit.

As for people not liking bullet travel time and gravity, keep in mind you're not shooting lasers

Do any of you playing MP have a full squad of people you know? Synergy is key.

Lastly, what kind of mice are you guys using? I recently picked up the G500 and it's pretty much the best thing for any Battlefield game. Changing the dpi on the fly, one setting for sniper (insensitive) one for every other gun (normal) and one for tanks/mounted guns (crazy sensitive). You can turn the tanks barrel effortlessly.

Cheers,
Joe
Old March 3, 2010, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHanna View Post
ok, apparantly it was my fault why i couldn't log on.

my special "pre-load" refused to work with steam, i redownloaded and now it seems to work... such a waste.
Sorry to hear, my "pre-load" worked fine
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...