Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 23, 2011, 01:51 PM
F@H

Finish the Witcher before diving into the Witcher 2, by the time you make it to the Witcher 2, 2.0 will be out and you'll be able to play it in all its glory.
Old September 27, 2011, 07:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Witcher 2 v2.0 out this week! Can't be soon enough, I need a new playthrough of it, Renegade Ops is delayed, Rage isn't on my radar until a sale, same for BF3.
Old September 27, 2011, 07:48 AM
F@H

My System Specs

29 Sept.

This "dark" difficulty has me intrigued. Insane was...well, insane. Dark just sounds crazy. I'll have to give it a try. I really like the blocking change. It will make the game more challenging by far now that you cannot block forever.
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old September 27, 2011, 08:10 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

*crosses fingers that it won't kill my save games*
Old September 28, 2011, 10:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
*crosses fingers that it won't kill my save games*
Hmm, good question. I doubt you will have any issues using them. I know I didn't back with the first Witcher when it went to version 2.

I'm sure they will mention something on their page if it will indeed cause issues with the save games. Of course I don't have to worry because I accidentally killed all of mine.

Old September 28, 2011, 11:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
Haven't even finished the first Witcher yet. I know, I'm slow. Should I play the Witcher 2 sans this latest patch and then play it again with the DLC? Or I won't be missing anything?

I still haven't finished Oblivion or Shivering Isles. Skyrim here I come!
I'd finish the first Witcher, then move on to W2 2.0. Honestly, the first DLC was a Troll addon mission that didn't seem like much to me, I think you might get to use him later on if you play it right (iirc). And I doubt they'd take anything anything away when ver2 is added, so I wouldn't bother playing it through until 2.0 is added. But trust me, once you see W2, you won't want to play W1 again, it's that good.

You should have your hands full with W1 for at least a week, unless you're some kind of super human game player type :P
Old September 28, 2011, 11:33 AM
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
I'd finish the first Witcher, then move on to W2 2.0. Honestly, the first DLC was a Troll addon mission that didn't seem like much to me, I think you might get to use him later on if you play it right (iirc). And I doubt they'd take anything anything away when ver2 is added, so I wouldn't bother playing it through until 2.0 is added. But trust me, once you see W2, you won't want to play W1 again, it's that good.

You should have your hands full with W1 for at least a week, unless you're some kind of super human game player type :P
At least a week , hell i put a good 40+ hours into W1, mind you it was on hard but still
Old September 28, 2011, 11:54 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I think all said and done I put 40+ hours into W1...

was playing W2, but stopped (thanks to LoL) and am waiting for W2.0...but yeah, W2 is so far above W1 it's not even close.
Old September 28, 2011, 02:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

well 2.0 will be a nice present for me tomorrow, will have to play dark mode and hope I'm not crushed early on like I was on my first playthrough.

witcher 1 is definitely worth playing through, in some ways i think it was better, but witcher 2 in the end does heavily trump it.
Old September 28, 2011, 04:44 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

One thing I notice is no mention of surround support. :(