Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old May 16, 2017, 01:18 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 8
Default 1440p Monitor Recommendation?

I'm looking for some monitor recommendations. I recently just purchased parts for my new PC and am looking to get into 1440p gaming.

I'll be running a EVGA Superclocked GTX 1070. I'd like a 32' IPS 1440p monitor that is Vesa mount compatible. I'm not opposed to 27' monitors if the price is good, but I'd prefer 32' (1440p at 32' should be good right? or is 27' better for 1440p?).

I don't think I need 144 hertz, but am also open to that as well if the price is right. However, i know the better price monitors will likely be around 60-75 hertz.

I'm also not worried about the response time as much either, 4-5 ms response time should be just fine.

Thanks for any advice.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old May 16, 2017, 04:32 PM
Cptn Vortex's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,190
Default

I'm waiting on a Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS screen at the moment, but it looks like they have a 27" variant as well, the P27h. Model # 61AFGAR1US. Looks like it is around $470CAD. Specs here : ThinkVision,ThinkVision P27h,Model:61AFGAR1US
__________________
The Vortex H20

Corsair Obsidian 500D
Asus X99-E WS/USB3.1
i7-5820K @4.4GHZ
RTX 2070
4x4GB Corsair LPX 2666MHZ
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W GOLD
960GB ADATA SX8200 NVME
HP OMEN 32 1440p 75hz

Benq W1070 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK Vector RTX2080 FC, EK Coolstream XT 220 Rad, MCR320 Rad, EK-XTOP SPC-60 Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old May 16, 2017, 05:06 PM
Lysrin's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,942

My System Specs

Default

I have often thought that 32" 1440p would be a great size. I have a 34" 1440p ultrawide, not the same exactly but I love it.

This looks like a good 32" 1440p monitor for a decent price (depending on your budget of course):
BenQ BL3200PT

And a detailed review of it: TFT Central review

I contemplated getting this one myself before I bought the ultrawide. This one doesn't get you high refresh, only 60 Hz, but does have good response time. It also doesn't get you G-Sync or Freesync but those of course will cost you more.

1440p is a good res for your 1070 too. I am running my ultrawide with a 1070 and it handles it decently but that is 3440x1440. 2560x1440 the 1070 would do very well.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old May 16, 2017, 07:41 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex View Post
I'm waiting on a Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS screen at the moment, but it looks like they have a 27" variant as well, the P27h. Model # 61AFGAR1US. Looks like it is around $470CAD. Specs here : ThinkVision,ThinkVision P27h,Model:61AFGAR1US
I will definitely consider this monitor! Thanks for the suggestion. However, coming from the US I would have to take into account any taxes & duties. Another factor is that since this is a relatively new monitor, comprehensive and consensus reviews seem hard to come by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysrin View Post
I have often thought that 32" 1440p would be a great size. I have a 34" 1440p ultrawide, not the same exactly but I love it.

This looks like a good 32" 1440p monitor for a decent price (depending on your budget of course):
BenQ BL3200PT

And a detailed review of it: TFT Central review

I contemplated getting this one myself before I bought the ultrawide. This one doesn't get you high refresh, only 60 Hz, but does have good response time. It also doesn't get you G-Sync or Freesync but those of course will cost you more.

1440p is a good res for your 1070 too. I am running my ultrawide with a 1070 and it handles it decently but that is 3440x1440. 2560x1440 the 1070 would do very well.
Nice suggestion! I've watched some reviews and it seems to be a decent "all-around" 1440p monitor. The price is also pretty attractive as well. Thanks for including the review. I'll take this one into consideration as well.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old May 16, 2017, 08:19 PM
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Metro-Vancouver
Posts: 753

My System Specs

Default

If you want a decent "all-around" 1440p monitor, what about Dell? I've have no regrets over my u2715h.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old May 17, 2017, 08:12 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 166
Default

While there is no standard "sweet spot" for 1440p, it depends how close to the monitor you will be. 27" is a good size to start at for that resolution. Do you care for IPS/TN quality panels? Since you have an Nvidia graphics card, would you be interested in G-sync? Last question would probably be price range :)
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old May 17, 2017, 10:19 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrann View Post
While there is no standard "sweet spot" for 1440p, it depends how close to the monitor you will be. 27" is a good size to start at for that resolution. Do you care for IPS/TN quality panels? Since you have an Nvidia graphics card, would you be interested in G-sync? Last question would probably be price range :)
I like what I've heard and seen with IPS monitors. However, i recently discovered VA panels which are kind of in between IPS and TN, which the BenQ BL3200 is.

G-Sync would be nice, but probably not in my budget as I'd like to stay around $500-600.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old May 17, 2017, 10:33 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosez View Post
I like what I've heard and seen with IPS monitors. However, i recently discovered VA panels which are kind of in between IPS and TN, which the BenQ BL3200 is.

G-Sync would be nice, but probably not in my budget as I'd like to stay around $500-600.

Ah perfect, ok you should check out AOC or Asus 27" 1440p freesync ones then. They should go on sale for $550-$600 every now and then. If you don't care so much for 144hz then BenQ and Dell have nice options.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old February 9, 2019, 02:42 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 10
Default

Until, now I suppose you must've bought a monitor but if anyone still is looking for the perfect recommendation for a 32inch 1440p monitor just like the OP said, OMEN by HP 32-inch QHD Gaming Monitor is what I got, and I must say this monitor does looks like its from 2019. I got the recommendation from this best 1440p Monitors article which might be able to help you as well. Cheers!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 1440p Monitor meistah Display Units 17 August 24, 2016 09:29 PM
1440p 144hz IPS Monitor Help! b0n3tag Display Units 17 October 29, 2015 01:46 AM
[WTB] 27" 1440p Monitor Kindred1 Buy/Sell & Trade 10 March 16, 2015 09:08 PM
Wanting to buy my first 1440p IPS monitor. dtnat Display Units 10 February 26, 2015 11:11 AM