Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 15, 2017, 07:11 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I think both Untile and Fabric are squarely aimed at current server loads, not current gaming. So, they are not "unrefined", they just have different purpose than most enthusiasts use it for. I believe most game coding will start use more and more of the multithreading/multiprocessing paradigm, hence getting more and more benefit of both Mesh and Fabric. I believe while Ring is a king of the hill now, it is ultimately a dead-end for heavy computing loads, and appreciate Intel limiting it to the mainstream desktop use.
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB + Samsung 950 Pro 512GB + Samsung 850 Pro 512GB + HGST 5400RPM 2TB
Evga GTX 1080 FTW 8GB + BenQ BL3201PH 4K 32"
Old September 15, 2017, 07:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Can this guy just get banned already, this contributes nothing. Well aside from AkGs through answer.
I support this motion.
Old September 15, 2017, 07:35 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Oh I know exactly what you mean mate, it is just unrefined for the home market. I also dislike how how it is linked to the IMC frequency. Great step forward for AMD but it still is a first gen design and still does have plenty of room for improvement. Mesh is the only way forward now that core count is skyrocketing. I am actually surprised Intel is using it... and expect/hope 9th gen Intel will be mesh.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old September 15, 2017, 07:36 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
I support this motion.

Third'd

The HDMI sound review thread was the limit of what I can handle.
Old September 15, 2017, 07:39 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Fourth'd! My breaking point was the dumb Threadripper question about cooling for OCing to 4.1Ghz. Lulz were had reading a question that stupid.
Old September 15, 2017, 07:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Ok I think either you are on the spectrum or are now just trolling badly. I laid out the answer to your question. I was polite and actually took you seriously. I explained in detail why it does not matter all that much in the real world under normal working conditions. Instead of asking for clarification you came back with a poorly worded ad ignorantiam fallacy. Honestly if you are going to troll, you have to do better than that. I give you a score of 1 out of 10 as you did not use any bait, nor did you even try to put any effort into your troll. You just spewed words in seemingly random order. Step up your game and come back in a few years and then maybe it would be enjoyable to slap you down. Right now you are just boring. This is coming from a master class troll.
Yup, as Tony said step up, all your trolling attempts, put some thought into your trolls, so far all have been weak. Certainly not worth MY time to even go beyond this post.
I would have banned you back at that HDMI shitshow, your lucky the newer Mods are much more tolerant of your attitude.

And Boys dont think the backend isnt aware and keeping close watch, the shoutbox is prob burning up with his username. I highly expect his days are numbered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old September 15, 2017, 08:42 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Annnnd he's gone. Ban hammer in full effect. First time I've ever seen the "banned" user pic too!
Old September 15, 2017, 08:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Annnnd he's gone. Ban hammer in full effect. First time I've ever seen the "banned" user pic too!
Nope that image has been around for ever.

Glad to see, now we can get back to our regular scheduled programming.

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
Old September 15, 2017, 10:19 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Nope that image has been around for ever.

Glad to see, now we can get back to our regular scheduled programming.
First time I'VE seen it. I haven't been here forever though, since I don't have eternal life and am not a vampire.
Old September 15, 2017, 10:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
First time I'VE seen it. I haven't been here forever though, since I don't have eternal life and am not a vampire.
Aye, well I am hard to kill, wife has been trying for years.
IIRC we used to have another years ago, Babs I believe was the first to use that image..... Or Steve.

The boys dont use it lightly on members as it is reserved for lifetime bans.
Anyhow got to get back in the coffin now.......

Quote: