What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Sonata III

Eagle Eye

Refering to the grounding issues of the front bezel E?

I guess you should confirm that with DC before purchasing.

Regards,

EE

Cptn Vortex

Yeah that front panel was a pita.... The Sonata 1 still remains the best, despite its terrible stock 120mm fan it used to ship with. Sonata 2 was good but the SP450W PSU's were pretty much guaranteed to fail.

Eagle Eye

I had 2 Sonata's in my day the first and the second I used for my step brother back in the day and both were just fine, the stock psu was always replaced for something retail. I was lucky it was a great case for its time the price was always reasonable, my only complaint was those blue LED's, stupidly bright.

EE

MpG

Haven't they ditched all the gen 1's by now?

Still, for a gen 2, this is great price, considering that you get a solid 500W PSU with it. As long as you're not running any overlength GPU's, and have flexible fingers, this is a solid case.

crazyhorsejohnny

Haven't they ditched all the gen 1's by now?

Still, for a gen 2, this is great price, considering that you get a solid 500W PSU with it. As long as you're not running any overlength GPU's, and have flexible fingers, this is a solid case.

You'd think.

Silvgearx

i can be sure that the silver bezel sonta III are gone.

I ordered one of them in the mid 2007 and it had the black benzel. No static what so ever. :punk:

solid case indeed, power button inside door pain in the ass :whistle: and yea the Earthwatt 500 PSU fan is starting to squeal :blarg:

futures

My two machines are currently in Sonata 2 cases.. original PSU were failing.. maybe I was drawing too much power.. AMD x2 3800, 6 hard drives, a burner, floppy, sli cards.. on 450w.. Upgraded to Corsair 750W.. no problem since.. I personally now prefer large cases with 10+ external bays... Armor, Cosmos S, Twelve Hundred.. :)

CanadaRox

Great cases, but I think the PSU fans aren't the best quality. I have two of these cases in my house, and the PSU fan has gotten a fair amount louder, one to the point where I had to RMA the PSU (which actually went very smoothly). I don't know if its revision 1 or 2 though, is there any way to tell?
Edit: Woot 420th post! :punk:

Latest posts