What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

It's Back! Dell 2209WA - $189.99!

sswilson

Staff member
It's heeerrrreeeeeee!!!!!

Haven't even plugged it in yet and I'm already in love!!!!!

The functionality of the stand on this thing is absolutely amazing, I haven't seen anything like it on a sub-$300 monitor of any size during my travels to future shop, let alone a sub-$200 one.

Is this a standard for all Dell monitors? If so, it's something that should be stressed during all reviews.

Inik

Folding Team
So true! The stand is very nice!
You can :
- adjust the height by sliding the panel (very easy to slide when you apply a small pressure)
- turn the monitor around without moving the base
- smash a wall with the base, because it's made of metal :haha:

Next step, power on

sswilson

Staff member
No dead pixels, and so far the only thing that stands out is how high the brightness range is on this monitor. I thought my samsung was bad, but I dropped this one down to 9% in order to get about the same brightness as I get out of my samsung at 40%. Contrast is up around 82% for the Dell vice 65% for the Samsung.

This is all just preliminary to get settings that I find pleasing, so there's probably a lot more fiddling needed to get it where I want it.

3 of 7

We have 3 Dell ultra sharps here and I love em. I really like the built in usb hubs.

Zion21

Ive had mine for a few weeks now and it really is a beautiful monitor. If you can get this price again definitely grab it!
smile14.gif

b1lk1

I am torn as to whether to give my wife my 2407HC and take the 2209WA for myself since there are a few games I play that somewhat force my little HD4830 to struggle a touch. I upgraded some old nasty 17" LCD to the 2209WA for my wife and she's completely attached to it now, lol.

CroSsFiRe2009

Damn, why are these old threads being dug up? Almost had a heart attack when I thought they were $190 again, didn't manage to catch it last time.

dragoonxx

its ok crossfire, I check the product page literally daily (sometimes 2-3 times a day) hoping for it to go on a wicked sale again

Bucklaz

man, I've been up at 6 am (thats when they refresh in my area) for the last 2 weeks waiting for this thing, but to no avail. first the 11days of deals, then the 2 48 hour deals. I have a feeling I'm gonnna be up till 6 am for the next week. Good thing its going to be every 2 days now :D also good thing that I work night shift heheh

Latest posts