What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

OCZ 128GB SSD $299.99 Today Only

lowfat

Staff member
Still on sale, however no way would I ever put my trust in a $150 MIR.

EDIT: This is also for the original Core, which IMO makes it a very bad idea to purchase for that price.

Triggz

If anyone is Interested this is in the weekly NCIX sale for $269.99 after a $200 MIR. As lowfat mentioned this is the original core.

zlojack

These drives stutter.

It's an utter waste of money to spend ANYTHING on these drives. That's why there are such huge MIRs going on.

The one netforce posted is, indeed, a great deal!

hausner

These drives stutter.

It's an utter waste of money to spend ANYTHING on these drives. That's why there are such huge MIRs going on.

So true and OCZ MIRs can kill any deal :haha:

netforce

These drives stutter.

I got a 64gb Core drive a while ago. Tested it for a day... No matter what tweaks i did, it would stutter like mad. Returned it right away. Buying a Core ssd is like burning money :)
At least it's quiet :D

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
even the newer ssd's with dual jmicron chips stutter. just not as bad and for not as long. I'll hold on an SSD drive until Win7 and the drives support the trim function.

Also, it's been proven that even the intel drives performance degrades over time, not even a format fixes them.

I said it before, this generation of SSD's is a washout.

matsta31

for intel drive, you are right when you say a format will not cure the lesser speed. Since the format does not delete the info but the OS path to the file. So the deletion does not really occur. Intel actually gives you an utility to really delete the files, and then the drive is back to original state, altough it is a pain.

Latest posts