What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

MSI 8800GTS 320MB $99.99 with free shipping

squilliam

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they only difference between the GTS and GT is that the GTS has better cooling and slightly better performance?

MpG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they only difference between the GTS and GT is that the GTS has better cooling and slightly better performance?
Technically, not applicable to this particular product. This is the older GTS (G80 core). The GT model used the newer G92 core, and since it used a smaller process, it put out less heat, which is why they were usually given a single-slot cooler. The newer GTS also had 512MB of RAM, but had a few more shaders activated in the core, making it slightly hotter, and making the double-slot cooler more appropriate.

Dashock

Exactly what Mpg said that card is only good at a price point of around 80-85 bucks or so but still the 8800GT remains King of the lower end.

rjbarker

I sold my 8800 GTX 768MB Card a few months ago for $150, that was a good deal and a good Card.....that GTS....nah!