Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 27, 2018, 08:07 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm liking what I read about the Meshify C (it's been reviewed here, too?) - reading newegg reviews, it seems air flow is good.... maybe just replace the fans with Noctuas - which I would do with any case, probably...to get it quiet. I don't need the drive bay/cage or whatever it is so there's no problem with psu lengths and cables etc. Well, it is one of the top contenders - oh, also, looking at it for the price.... can't go wrong with a bit over $100. I am afraid I won't get that 'ideal small case' but oh well. I'll keep looking, though.
Old December 28, 2018, 08:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I like plain/simple cases that have excellent cooling, so most of my cases the last little while have been Corsair.

I'd love to get the H200i, but I really don't like windows...and it's only windowed, so no go. :P

Last edited by Mr. Friendly; December 28, 2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old December 28, 2018, 08:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

hey fubar, Newegg has the H200 on sale...$80!

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...-301-_-Product

I just ordered one...I know, I hate windows...but price is too good to pass up. doesn't come with the smart device and only available for the black/blue color scheme, but meh, price can't be beat!
Old December 28, 2018, 10:17 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
hey fubar, Newegg has the H200 on sale...$80!

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...-301-_-Product

I just ordered one...I know, I hate windows...but price is too good to pass up. doesn't come with the smart device and only available for the black/blue color scheme, but meh, price can't be beat!
The sale is until Sunday? I guess you won't have it by then? :) Looks interesting/intriguing but I don't know if it's a good idea to buy parts on a whim cuz of price. That's what I did with my cpu.

I think it would be a contender for itx, regardless, though. After a quick look and thinking about it - it is probably the way to go even though they are a bit large for itx - these 'towers.' I suspect, getting something small or compact like the SG13 and Node series of cases would be nice but then you have to worry about heat and noise - especially cooling for those that small.
You have a bit more options and versatility with the towers.

A quick look and I would consider:
The H200, Define S Nano, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv itx - is anyone reading this thread or post that would be familiar with these cases or has one or can comment? :)
For $80, though, that's a good deal. Most of these itx cases are around $90 or $100 plus change/taxes.

The other good thing about them, too, is you can use an ATX PSU. I am not using a drive cage so I'll have more room no matter which case I go with. I think the SSD can go in a real convenient spot on the other side of the mobo or somewhere that doesn't intrude with other parts or cables. The length of the video card and where it is positioned, is the only thing to worry about, I think? Or, also, I guess you have to worry about space for the rads if you are using AIO. Some of the cases don't have room on the top for rads.
Which mobo are you going with? What will your components be?
Old December 28, 2018, 11:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

hey fubar, you got the 2700, an excellent CPU and if overclocked, worth the savings from the 2700X as all it provides is a higher base speed if not overclocked.

The Enthoo Evolv ITX is not small...it's skinny in width and depth, but the thing is damned tall. the H200 is likely the smallest ITX case out there besides a couple of crowdfunded models that start at about $200USD. I like the Nano S, but it's not much smaller than your standard mATX mini-tower, however it does have excellent support for watercooling solutions...AiO or custom. it's also got the benefit of a solid side panel, not windowed like the H200.

as for PSU, unless you're re-using gear you already have, I would prefer anything that lets me use an SFX PSU to keep everything as compact as possible.

I have a feeling I will use the H200 to build my custom case that I'm planning out of oak.
Old January 3, 2019, 07:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

well, the H200 arrived yesterday. no time to open up and look yet...but son as I do, I'll snap some photo's for you fubar.

do you have anything in particular you want pics of?