Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2018, 02:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default is there a side by side comparison chart?

Fractal Design has a bazillion 'Define' cases and it's almost impossible to figure out what's different about them but for size (usually). Is there anything out there that breaks down what the difference is in features so one can make an educated decision?
Old October 3, 2018, 03:09 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Look at the model. Arc is budget. Core is smaller for budget buyers. Define is mainstream. Node is old school horizontal desktop style. Focus is like Arc+. Bit better looking etc etc.
Then look at submodel. Eg Define S2 is for water cooling. TC means tempered glass and usually 'open concept' aka water cooling. Mini means mATX. Nano is mITX. C means its core variant. AKA more budget orientated but higher end than a core (ie Define C > Core). Rx (R6) means mainstream 'normal' version. XL is super-tower / extra large version. USB-C is self explanatory models... in that it comes with a front USB Type-C port.

Then its color.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 4, 2018, 09:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

wow...how in the world did you know that AkG?
Old October 4, 2018, 09:52 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Well... don't take it as gospel. That was just off the top of my head and memory. Soo just check and make sure (I could have arc and core reversed for example... dont think so but too lazy to look it up :P).
Its basically just knowing their nomenclature... as there is always one. Few companies just throw shit at a wall to come up with the model name. :P

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 7, 2018, 10:53 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
wow...how in the world did you know that AkG?

I was going to say, use the newegg 'comparison' feature and choose all the Fractal Design cases in the check box and then compare.

But, someone else did better homework. :)