Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Coolermaster Cosmos S (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/5290-coolermaster-cosmos-s.html)

sswilson September 6, 2008 06:27 PM

Loops installed and currently into 4 hours of leak testing. Mentioned it here.... http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...html#post87026 that I had 2 leaks with the Primochill barbs installed on the res. They've been replaced (I wanted to use them on the res as they're not that deep which allowed for a better clearance between the tubing and the rad), and I'll look at using them on the tech station where I have better access to them to ensure that they're tight.

The PA120.1 is not secured on the bottom yet. I'll need to move it out of the way for cable access. With any luck I'll be running the cables and completing the build tomorrow after it leak tests overnight.

sswilson September 7, 2008 12:18 PM

Finally finished the cable managment and got the fan controller hooked up along with a few lights.

Stress testing right now, and so far it's a bit underwhelming. I'm seeing about a 6c improvement. I'd hoped for a bit more with the extra rad and a new block. Still haven't done a reseat, so maybe I'll see a bit of an improvement over that.

Took the time to redo the TIM on the NB/SB and I'm now seeing 45c under load. (Wish I had checked what it was before I did the upgrade.... :) ).

Final pics......

Took quite a while to get to this point. I'll give it a couple of weeks to settle in, and then have another look to see where the pressure points are.

Nothing like dropping in an extra PA120.1 & mounting the pump on the back wall to make a huge case look crowded. :)

Looking at this, I'm wondering if I should flip the PSU over to get some airflow going. I'm exhausting the PA out the bottom, and the area below the vid card looks like it would have some major dead air. (Still got the side fan though).

The extra fan and front res installation turned out exactly as I wanted.

Final product.

I've got some black light going on in the upper bays, but I placed them on the top of the HDD rack and they're not very effective. When I pop the back side panel off I'll look at mounting them closer to the res.

Dashock September 7, 2008 05:55 PM

Man that looks Beautifull im still trying to figure out how to finish up everything im definetelly gonna add another fan at the front. Im debating to cut up the back side to fit another Rad.
One independant for the cpu and one independant for the gpu. My motherboards running pretty cool even though ma rooms so hot at max 40 load i used a asus fan from ma brothers M2n-sli deluxe and stuck it on i dont know if its helping. Anyways looks good man lol can you even close the side panel ??

sswilson September 7, 2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dashock (Post 87378)
Man that looks Beautifull im still trying to figure out how to finish up everything im definetelly gonna add another fan at the front. Im debating to cut up the back side to fit another Rad.
One independant for the cpu and one independant for the gpu. My motherboards running pretty cool even though ma rooms so hot at max 40 load i used a asus fan from ma brothers M2n-sli deluxe and stuck it on i dont know if its helping. Anyways looks good man lol can you even close the side panel ??

Which one??? :)

Yeah, both panels close fine although the back panel took a little bit of coaxing to get it to lock into place. That'll clear up once the cables settle into a comfortable position.

Dashock September 7, 2008 10:13 PM

the right one the one with all the coaxing cables? isnt a bit of it sticking out?

sswilson September 8, 2008 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dashock (Post 87473)
the right one the one with all the coaxing cables? isnt a bit of it sticking out?

Not really, there's more than enough clearance for the cables as they sit. It's just a matter of not having two large bundles overlapping.

Dashock September 8, 2008 11:01 AM

nice ill redo my wiring after i get the Apogee gtz lol keep up the good work wats next for the case?

sswilson September 8, 2008 11:24 AM

Only thing I'm considering is replacing the 6 yate loons on the rad. I've got some higher RPM ones on backorder so I'll probably give them a try to see if they make a difference, but aside from that, I think the case is pretty well done.

Next project is to build a stand for the WC on my techstation. I had the rad velcroed to the wall in my last place, but want to make a more permanent installation for here.

Dashock September 8, 2008 08:29 PM

What are your temps SSwilson out of curiosity and are you using the tj max 100 95 or 105. for both load and idle.

sswilson September 8, 2008 08:37 PM

I'm getting 35/26 idle 58/53 load @ 4G w/ 1.4V. That's using the default 95c TjMax (10c lower than the version of coretemp I've got) and an ambient of 26c.