Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Coolermaster Cosmos S (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/5290-coolermaster-cosmos-s.html)

Cardboard box with DSL March 28, 2008 03:01 PM

Edit- Dumb comment... I need to read more well better...

sswilson March 28, 2008 03:08 PM

Before I throw everything together, I'm also going to check to see if the full rad would fit up top for folks who might want to mount the rad up top with a single row of fans pushing up through it (would allow for the thicker high CFM fans to be use inside the case).

Anything else folks might want to see pics of/measurements of before I get it built and don't want to take it apart?

sswilson March 29, 2008 02:42 PM

Grrrr.......

No time to play today..... :(

sswilson March 29, 2008 04:21 PM

Not the best pics in the world, but my wife's watching a movie so I can't retake them right now......

This is the original Cosmos 1000.

The center arrow is the locking bar which is tight up against the case side so you can't pass wires over it or they will be crushed.

The top and bottom arrow show the "choke points" when it comes to managing wires on the back of the case.

The bottom one isn't too bad as there is room on the "inside" of the case side which is filled with sound deadening foam.... the top one however is also tight against the case side, so no wires can be passed over it.

Not exactly the best design.

Here's the backside of the Cosmos S.

As you can see, both the upper and lower "choke points" are gone!!!!

There is a minimum of 3/8" clearance now to the case side, and even more in the center part of the case side (no foam any more either).

There is also now a channel which runs behind the main locking bar.

Kinda hard to see the channel in this pic, but I can fit my index finger through it (wide enough for a molex as well) and can't get my thumb into it.

sswilson March 30, 2008 12:30 PM

The third fan is going to fit!!!!! :)

Also noticed that the cosmos s has inset screw holes for the motherboard stand-offs, while the Cosmos 1000 is the standard drilled/tapped hole. Not necessarily a big thing, but it's all of the little things which add up to the extra $60 you pay for the Cosmos S over the 1000.

Cptn Vortex March 30, 2008 01:26 PM

Very nice!

sswilson March 30, 2008 02:00 PM

Perfect fit inside!!! You can just make out the barbs on the far right (front). I decided that would give me the best airflow, as a rear orientation would have the tubing in front of the rear fan, and over the motherboard heatsink(s).

Top fit of fans. Cable management is a breeze, and the standard 1 1/4" 6/32 machine screws work perfectly.

Backside showing both lower and upper fan cables. I cannot stress how well this case is now laid out for management of the rad fan cables (top center). Those cables will now run along the top and easily be tied off on the L/H side with no fuss at all.

There you have it.... a clean stealth install of a swiftech MCR320 with absolutely no modding required!!!!!!!

I'm tickled pink!!!! :punk::punk::punk:

BALISTX March 30, 2008 02:12 PM

Steve,

Looking awesome. Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

low351 March 30, 2008 02:18 PM

Awesome pics and comparison, Thanks SS.

magictorch March 30, 2008 02:20 PM

very very nice-looks proper pro.