Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19, 2009, 12:05 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default HELP with haf 932 post-paint problems

hey guys, i just painted my haf 932... i love the outcome.. but i m having problems with it....

first of all, i riveted all of it using 1/8" x 5mm(length of the head) and first of all, i couldnt fasten the long "rod" that's securing the expansion slots plastic bracket.. should i use shorter rivets?

Then, i couldnt install my hard drive cage? it's so tight that it bent the plastic cage when i forced it... is it normal? the orientation is correct... is it possible that when i rivet the cage onto the bottom of the case, it got squeezed? i thought the holes are always 1/8"? btw, the way i rivet back the cage is from HDD cage, 5-1/4" cage, mobo tray, backpanel w/ expansion panel, top of the case. And i always put the head in first before the riveter.

i love the outcome but it's been giving me problems ever since... and guys... clear coat is really a must...... whenever i put in the 5-1/4" push-mechanism-thingy, it scratched the mount so bad that it peeled.....

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:
Old October 19, 2009, 01:15 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Not sure about the rivet sizes, but the hdd cage could be a tight fit because there's an extra layer of paint on both? Same thing happened to me and my 900. Even the side panels are a bitch to get off.

Old October 21, 2009, 02:26 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtispan View Post
Not sure about the rivet sizes, but the hdd cage could be a tight fit because there's an extra layer of paint on both? Same thing happened to me and my 900. Even the side panels are a bitch to get off.
Hummm i c... i finally got 1 of my hdd on the top cage.... i had to use my heater to blow heat on it for like 10 minutes..................