Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/)
-   -   Case Pics (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/86-case-pics.html)

Patriote March 27, 2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHaCK (Post 4677)
Very very nice and clean rigs patriote and lowfat! Can't wait to join you guys in the big tubing club.

Patriote, looks like your rad's fans are pulling air wouldn't it work better if they were pushing ?

Uh...Negative sir! Rad needs cold air from outside the case for better temps!

Or are you saying that fans should be pushing through the rad instead of pulling through it ? If so then there is no difference between both set-up.

http://xs113.xs.to/xs113/07133/Picture004.jpg

SHaCK March 27, 2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriote (Post 4729)
Uh...Negative sir! Rad needs cold air from outside the case for better temps!

Or are you saying that fans should be pushing through the rad instead of pulling through it ? If so then there is no difference between both set-up.

The later :biggrin:

Off course it wouldn't be possible with your setup, you'd have to mount the rad outside the case I guess.

Babrbarossa March 28, 2007 04:14 AM

How thick is that thermochill rad?

I see you have the tygon tubing so you obviously think it' worth the extra money over clearflex. Other than durability, what other advantages have you found?

Patriote March 28, 2007 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babrbarossa (Post 4749)
How thick is that thermochill rad?

I see you have the tygon tubing so you obviously think it' worth the extra money over clearflex. Other than durability, what other advantages have you found?

It's the thickest rad available. You can find the exact measurement on Thermochill's website.

Yes, i definitely think that Tygon is worth the extra money. So far i have tried Masterkleer, Clearflex, Swiftech's cheap one, Primoflex and Tygon.

Tygon was the one i liked the most to work with. It also was the most crystal clear i found and wasn't actually some of that cheap PVC tubing i tried which isn't that good.

Misoprostol March 29, 2007 12:30 PM

IMO Tygon is definitely worth the money. It doesn't kink like masterkleer, it doesn't flatten like Clearflex, and it'll last longer. You can reuse the same Tygon over and over again if you're a little bit creative about how many times you cut it and plan to conserve it over time. It's much easier to get clean than Clearflex too.

Patriote March 29, 2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misoprostol (Post 4900)
IMO Tygon is definitely worth the money. It doesn't kink like masterkleer, it doesn't flatten like Clearflex, and it'll last longer. You can reuse the same Tygon over and over again if you're a little bit creative about how many times you cut it and plan to conserve it over time. It's much easier to get clean than Clearflex too.

Nice to see someone agreeing with me on that point! :bleh:

Babrbarossa April 1, 2007 12:01 AM

water cooling and case mod

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a preliminary pic- still a little cluttered in there (probably shouldn't have put that t-line in either but it'll help with draining)

Still waiting for more smart coils back ordered- I don't really need them on the rest, but I think it looks better if all the hoses are done.

Patriote April 1, 2007 06:23 AM

Looks good Babrbarossa!

A little messy in there but i suppose it's just normal with a P180 :bleh:

So thats your first WC build right ?

Oh and yeah that T-Line is (IMO) useless. Draining isn't that hard. Well, it never been with any of my set-up.

cdn_Madrach April 1, 2007 06:30 AM

:thumb: Alright. Did you find much difference in idle temps? Your video card must be a lot cooler?

Babrbarossa April 1, 2007 06:51 AM

yeah- it'll overclock to 680MHz cpu, and 1000 mhz memory- Not surprisingly, I was able to increase the gpu from 600 to 680, but I don't think I can get any more out of the ram - The passive cooling doesn't help temps there, I guess.

Temps for the gpu never seem to go above 43 at load.

I'm surprised at how close the idle and load temps are for cpu and gpu.