Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 13, 2018, 10:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

No progress to share today, but my friend Stu came by to share his Dota 2 PC build. A combination of a scratch build and PC case mod. He used Fractal Design's NODE 304 as the core inside this amazing wood crafted treasure chest, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hYlaiO09no
Old July 16, 2018, 08:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

Painted the engine and injector air scoop silver alum

Old July 16, 2018, 10:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I was wondering how that scoop was going to turn out after paint. I had my doubts that it was going to match up to the engine and look like it belonged, but wow... you pulled it off again. Very well done!
Old August 1, 2018, 07:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

Thank you!

My apologies for the lack of updates. I've had to start another project build for a client. Paying gigs keep the lights on, so Max will need to temporarily park the Falcon. I may bring it out and share a new update for mental break if time allows. I will be starting a worklog for this new build once the NDA is lifted, I think it will be a real spectacle once it's finished.
Old December 17, 2018, 07:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The Mad Max mod get any love yet? This was one I was really looking forward to seeing completed...
Old January 22, 2019, 04:38 PM
Rookie

Mad Max is looking excellent. Cant wait until your further along. Its gonna be a beaut. Loving the fuel tanks.
Old April 10, 2019, 07:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

I had paused progress on this build so i could get this metro exodus https://youtu.be/Mz6ozE1X62s?t=55 finished in time for their launch. Just started working with the new cooler master SL600M case for DiRT Rally 2.0 game theme build. Interesting chassis layout thats confused most of the YT reviewers. Can anyone think beyond the normal ATX layout anymore? Most of the reviewers ignored the multiple cooling options the case offers. So, once that's finished, I can hopefully (sigh) get back to this project. Personal projects always get halted so I can pay the bills.
Old May 24, 2019, 01:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

I plan to get back on this Mad Max build, as it was supposed to replace my old shipping PC months ago*

Here's another chance to win a build of mine, just announced today by Cooler Master, https://landing.coolermaster.com/computex2019/campaign/

Last edited by SugarJ; May 24, 2019 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Fixed link
Old June 12, 2019, 08:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

Took everything out last night to re-evaluate where I left off on this project. The last stage was mounting the EK reservoirs to emulate the rear fuel tanks in Max's Interceptor. I'm debating about making a roof line over the middle section of the case or hood with blower cut-out to cover the front. I know either would involve several hours of trial and error fitting. That time could be re-focused on progression of other thing on the build. That's a perfect example of being a victim to your own project scope creep.

Tags
1080ti , case mod , core i7 , intel 3570k , mad max