Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/)
-   -   Corsair Obsidian 800D Owners Photo Gallery! (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/22875-corsair-obsidian-800d-owners-photo-gallery.html)

lordreye November 15, 2009 02:01 PM

Cooling Loop Details

[QUOTE=CerealGY;279790]Needed a 1st post ;)

Hey Cereal, can you tell me how you have your cooling loop configured? It looks like:

CPU > GPU > Res > Pump > Rad?

Or is it the reverse of this and flowing the other way? Also, can you spec your machine out for me? Particularly the cooling system... what Rad, Res and Pump, and what fans did you choose for the Rad and do you like them?

And Misfit, seeing your rig has sold me on those Lian Li covers... they look great. Did you just drill into the front of the case to install them with screws? Are they pretty stable?

Misfit79 November 20, 2009 01:02 AM

Hey lordreye (and everyone),

heres the instructions I posted at another forum,

I found that the the side screws actually snap into the 800d's front bezel holder's, but sit to far forward, so I used some double sided tape at the front of the bezel to space it so they sat flat with the rest of the front.
pardon the 1minute paint shop demonstration :-)
before:
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3959/10390v.jpg
after:
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8679/10390after.jpg

I kept the DVD drive face plate intact as it cuts down on the amount of dubble sided tape I needed for a spacer.

I'll I did for mine was to Tack the bezels in place with hot glue... it comes off in seconds but holds the drives in place :-).

also the dvd drive provide tension on the bezels to hold it in place.. the annoying part if mounting the dvd drives, they sit slightly farther back in the case then normal so the 800's locking mechanism does not work.

hope that gives you a better idea, but if you have any questions just PM me

steers November 20, 2009 07:48 AM

I've got a couple of those bezels waiting for me at home. One of these days when I'm in the mood, I'll give this a shot.

lordreye November 20, 2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misfit79 (Post 289965)
Hey lordreye (and everyone),

heres the instructions I posted at another forum,

I found that the the side screws actually snap into the 800d's front bezel holder's, but sit to far forward, so I used some double sided tape at the front of the bezel to space it so they sat flat with the rest of the front.
pardon the 1minute paint shop demonstration :-)
before:
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3959/10390v.jpg
after:
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8679/10390after.jpg

I kept the DVD drive face plate intact as it cuts down on the amount of dubble sided tape I needed for a spacer.

I'll I did for mine was to Tack the bezels in place with hot glue... it comes off in seconds but holds the drives in place :-).

also the dvd drive provide tension on the bezels to hold it in place.. the annoying part if mounting the dvd drives, they sit slightly farther back in the case then normal so the 800's locking mechanism does not work.

hope that gives you a better idea, but if you have any questions just PM me

Awesome thanks! So if I have this right:
1) You slid the DVD drive back into the case a bit and hot glued it in place.
2) You mounted the face plate using double sided tape?

On the face plate, the flange that I've circled in the attached photo is gone in your after pic. Did you bend the flange back flat so that it stuck into the case further?

http://files.me.com/lordreye/wra1ry

Misfit79 November 21, 2009 05:11 AM

I Actually dremeled the flanges off and used the double sided tape as the spacer to line up the bezel and the front of the case, then I hotglued the drive covers inplace from behind, I just didnt want to do any permanant damage to the case.

once I had that in place I put the dvd drives in and slid a thin spacer in between the drive and the case the hold them in place... everything is very firm and hasnt moved at all.

hope that makes sense :thumb:

lordreye November 21, 2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misfit79 (Post 290298)
I Actually dremeled the flanges off and used the double sided tape as the spacer to line up the bezel and the front of the case, then I hotglued the drive covers inplace from behind, I just didnt want to do any permanant damage to the case.

once I had that in place I put the dvd drives in and slid a thin spacer in between the drive and the case the hold them in place... everything is very firm and hasnt moved at all.

hope that makes sense :thumb:

Got it! Thanks again, your case looks great.

CerealGY December 14, 2009 09:28 AM

[quote=lordreye;287802]
Quote:

Originally Posted by CerealGY (Post 279790)
Needed a 1st post ;)

Hey Cereal, can you tell me how you have your cooling loop configured? It looks like:

CPU > GPU > Res > Pump > Rad?

Or is it the reverse of this and flowing the other way? Also, can you spec your machine out for me? Particularly the cooling system... what Rad, Res and Pump, and what fans did you choose for the Rad and do you like them?

And Misfit, seeing your rig has sold me on those Lian Li covers... they look great. Did you just drill into the front of the case to install them with screws? Are they pretty stable?

Sorry for late reply - PSU went up the fritz and had to wait for RMA to return...
Loop is Res - Pump - Rad - CPU - GPU - Res

W/C Equipment:-
Rad - XSPC RS360
Pump Swiftech MCP 665 D5 Vario
Res - EK Multioption Res, was 250mm but chopped down to size a bit
CPU - Swiftech Apogee GTZ
GPU - Koolance 275-NX
Coolant - Feser 1 Acid Green
Tubing - 1/2 ID, 3/4 OD Clear
Fans - Noiseblocker Multi Frame x3

Rest of kit...
Mobo - 750i SLI
CPU - Q6600
Mem - 4Gb DDR2 PC6400
GPU - 275 GTX
PSU - Enermax Infiniti 720W

Probably looking to change mobo/cpu/ram in nearish future, but OK for now.

Chuffed to bits with set up really, system runs cool, although only O/C'ed CPU to 3.0 Ghz so far, and is silent....

Lamb December 15, 2009 06:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Can't believe I hadn't posted my own yet!

The first pic is pretty much the day I received it.

The 2nd is with my new SLI ^_^

TokeR December 16, 2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fefox (Post 253611)
Great review! I like that case... its pretty much what I want, only negative thing for me is I hate cases with windows.
if I wanna see inside ill take the side off.. so for me that quick release button would be great!

If it was all aluminum and minus the window id be ordering 2 right now.

will probably be a toss up for this or a more expensive lian-li case.

I know you posted this a while ago but just thought I would tell you that you can put the back door where the window goes I am quite sure (I will try it later if your interested just put it back in the box though just PM me) so they might send you a back door if you ask them and offer to pay for it and put it where the door with the window would normally go. Then you have a windowless case. :biggrin: Maybe in a few months people will have spare parts like a side panel on Ebay or something.

PureKiwi December 18, 2009 03:12 AM

Hey guys , awsome looking machines you guys have here , Im planning on building my next pc around this case i am a little out of the loop when it comes to computer these days i gave it up to become a chef ( im still on a single core )

Anyway , I'm wanting to put a after market fan on my Psu and i see you can mount a good rad on cpu with this case , any recommendations from you guys , i don't want something to complicated for now may move on to full blown water cooling later

I'm not sure if im allowed to post links , so if its not allowed please feel free to remove

Reason for most links im from new zealand , so what you guys have over there i might not be able to get so here are couple of links where i get my computer parts

Computer Lounge

OverClockers

PT