Hall Of Fame

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Default Old-ish computer hardware

Hello everyone,

Ive got an 8-year old nephew whos shown an interest in computers (and games like minecraft) and as a fun little project, wanted to buy some old-ish hardware for him and help him put together his first computer.

Mind you, I dont want current hardware, just older stuff. Nothing newer than Haswell/Broadwell type stuff since i want to keep costs down and Ill be donating a copy of Win7 Pro to go with the build. I also already have a spare monitor, case, mouse, keyboard, and perhaps a power supply that Ill be donating as well, but if you have those things and want to get rid of them anyways let me know.

Now, I know a lot of you have old stuff collecting dust in your closets or garages, so let me know what you have and what youd like to get for it. I live in the GTA and Id be happy to drive over and pick up what youve got, and if you live further Id be glad to cover your shipping costs as well. Obviously if you want to give stuff away for free that would be greatly appreciated but Im still very willing to reimburse the members of this community for sending me their hardware. I definitely thought Id ask here first before I started trolling around on Kijiji ;)

Please reply via PM with what youd like to get rid of and what youd want for it. Thanks!

EDIT: Big thanks to those members who reached out to me so quickly! We have (almost) everything we need for a very basic LGA775 build! I just need to nail down a graphics card that plays nice with the 400w power supply I have. Kijiji here I come!

Last edited by Cowboy; October 9, 2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old October 8, 2018, 01:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

try FREE GEEK only thing the systems come with no drives when I buy from them last time

Last edited by KaptCrunch; October 8, 2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old October 8, 2018, 05:18 PM
MVP

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Pm sent
Old October 8, 2018, 05:43 PM
Rookie

Recent iTrader Ratings