View Single Post
Old July 26, 2013, 08:14 PM
Trial Member

Default thanks for this thread!

in the market for a new ssd.. gen1/2 vertex is starting to fail and was hoping to get the 840 pro but the warranty issues are putting me in a holding pattern.. just got off live chat with samsung and it doesn't look good.. yes i know not all the chat folks know what they are talking about but it only takes one to screw it up.. plus if they are the front facing folks i wonder what the backend ops are like.. anyway.. looks like you have to contact seagate for samsung ssd support - i wouldn't want to be running around like a headless chicken when my ssd goes up in smoke..

You are connecting with LiveChat system. If it takes a few minute, Please Try again.
(A Live Chat agent will be with you soon.)
A Live Chat agent will be available soon. You are currently in position 2 Thank you for waiting. If your inquiry is for a purchased product, please have your product details, including serial number and date of purchase ready.
Welcome to Samsung Live Chat. How can I help you?
Archie :
Thank you for contacting Samsung Support. How may I help you?
mike smith :
Hey Archie - i just typed all the info i am looking for in the optional box on the page before i got here.. can you look that up pls?
Archie :
I understand that you want to know the warranty details of your SSD.
mike smith :
correct - the information is scarce..
mike smith :
and i've heard horror stories shipping to usa from canada and getting dinged duties on full retail value on the way back to canada
Archie :
Thanks for confirming.
mike smith :
that's not cool
Archie :
I would like to inform you that the sale of the HDD division of Samsung Electronics to Seagate Technology has been completed.
mike smith :
thx for the info but as an end user i dont really care.. if i buy a samsung ssd, i RMA it with samsung unless i am told otherwise..
Archie :
In this regard you can contact Seagate Canada support team without any issues.
mike smith :
on seagate's site there's no mention of the samsung ssds.. so again.. how do I RMA a samsung ssd? where do i send it?
Archie :
I will provide you with the toll free number to contact them.
mike smith :
that is utter nonsense
Archie :
You can contact Seagate Canada Support team at: 1-800-732-4283
Archie :
Business Hours: 8am - 11:30am CT 1pm - 6pm CT Monday Friday
mike smith :
passing the buck..
Archie :
I apologize for the inconvenience.
mike smith :
i don't need to call anyone - thanks for confirming.. blacklisting samsung ssds and letting the world know

seagate doesnt have a canadian address for RMAs that i can see and since i dont have a drive i cant even check a serial number etc..

i guess it's back to the drawing board.. crucial m4, m500, plextor m5, sandisk? anyway, good luck to all who have samsung ssds and need to do a warranty claim