View Single Post
Old January 16, 2012, 10:11 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhoffman View Post
Alright so I am no noob at overclocking. I have successful over clocked many intel and AMD processors. I recently built a new system and tried increasing the bus from 200 to 235 with a multiplier of x14 to give me a 3.3Ghz overclock. I increased the stock voltage to 1.3v, after doing so I saved my setting and restarted my computer. Now I am just getting a constant black screen, nothing shows up no post, bios, etc. I have already tried resetting the cmos by removing the battery and waiting and using the jumper configuration inside of the motherboards manual. My computer had ZERO issues until I tried giving it a little overclock. Here are my specifications:

Mobo: Biostar TA990FXE
Ram: 2x4 GB DDR3 Gskill PC-12800
PSU: Cougar 80+ certified 650w
Cooler: Hyper 212+
GPU: Radeon 6870
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055t
Did you go straight to 235 from 200 without testing in between? If you're not a noob at overclocking, why would you even increase the voltage from the very beginning, without first testing how far you could get on stock?

Personally it sounds like you killed the processor.

Edit: If you have another AM3 board around, put the Phenom II in it and see if it boots. If it doesn't, you killed the processor.