View Single Post
Old May 9, 2011, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

FiXT - before I start to or continue to make the wrong impression, I just want to make it clear that I 100% agree with you. I am not trying to argue that this is not an issue that needs to be dealt with. I can see as clearly as everybody else that the revised scoring system is not working properly given the unique relationship between the HWC and NCIX folding teams.

I only contend that the adjustment adds to rather than resolves the problem. It's a knee-jerk reaction to something that should instead undergo careful deliberation and agreement between teams. Creating a points system that puts all teams on a level playing field despite the unique and different situations of each is no doubt a challenge and will take time. It's important to be able to look back and review how exactly the point system successfully or unsuccessfully reflected the performance of each team in the contest in order to evaluate it and propose new solutions. I worry about two things:

1) That the penalty will impede the ability of contest organizers to properly assess the performance of the current scoring system and propose adequate solutions for next year.
2) That if a similar penalty-based approach is taken to future scoring system imperfections that it could have an adverse effect on folding participation.

I am attempting to lodge my complaints in the spirit of long-term improvement of the CC and maximizing its ability to benefit the project. I understand that the content of my complaints make it seem as though I am selfishly defending our team's advantage - and unfortunately that's an impossible perception to avoid given the topic. Believe me, I would feel the same if I folded for an unrelated team.

Follow my benching, folding, mining and miscellaneous shenanigans @dt_oc