View Single Post
Old January 31, 2008, 11:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Project "Gettin' out of the Ghetto"

Here's the ghetto:

It doesn't look like much but it does well (comp in sig).
I'm not planning on anything flashy or fancy, just something clean and a little more attractive. I'm using a Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 as a base. I liked the Antec P18x line as well but like the internal layout a bit better with the CM. I'm also not big on bling so the CM Cosmos is a little stretch for me.

I'm going back to water cooling and am using the same rads that were at one point in this case. They are dual '86 Chevette heater cores. They're big 'n' ugly but work very well. I am going to run two individual loops for GPU and CPU. Each loop will have one HC with a CPX-1 pump and a Swiftech Micro Res. The CPU is getting a Fuzion block and a Maze5 on the GPU.

It's not going to be a particularly fast moving project as life is busy. Feel free to offer any suggestions along the way or even point an laugh.

The pics so far of the case stripped down and the HDD cages removed as I don't need them since I only really ever run one HDD it can go up in the 5.25" bays. Also shown is the bottom cut out where the rads are going to go and the plate to hold the rads. It's a tight fit but just makes it.

Ryan

Last edited by biff; February 1, 2008 at 06:29 AM.