View Single Post
Old February 7, 2010, 01:24 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the replies. I just noticed that on the NZXT Beta, the hard drives have the connectors facing the front which is lame. I don't think I have the luxury of going over budget with the case. I'm also looking to buy everything locally from NCIX. That way, I save shipping costs and lead times. Basically, I'm trying to build a computer for my brother who wants a really budget, but capable computer for work. That's why I need to pinch every dollar and focus it on the goodies inside. He mostly does animation, drawing stuff, and Photoshop. I would assume he uses 3dsmax or something for 3d rendering.

If I remember correctly, he's using like a P4 1.6GHz computer or something so anything will be an upgrade. I was thinking about an i3, but I'd like to go for at least an i5. I have to have to build done around summer time, so I have lots of time to observe the market. Maybe if the hexcores come out, i'll give him my 'old' i7 920 lol. But seriously, if you guys have any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.