View Single Post
Old December 2, 2008, 09:32 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
...and if this review is any indication, this site's review standards are only going higher. Very nicely done!
Thank you for the kind words

Quote:
I don't suppose you're familiar with the filters used in many of the Antec cases? How does the filter mesh on this case compare?
I'm afraid I don't have a modern Antec case to compare it to. The mesh filter is very fine on the FT01 and does not restrict airflow much. The same filters are used for front and top intake as well as the PSU.

Quote:
Couldn't quite tell from the photo, but there appears to be almost an inch between the bottom of the mobo and the top of the power supply? Just curious, in the interest of anyone who might possibly be installing a bulky card in the bottom-most expansion slot.
Any single slot card should fit without any issue in the bottom most expansion slot. There should be enough space for a dual-slot card (assuming it does not need two PCI brackets, of course). So a graphics card with a single bracket and a bulky slot and a half or dual slot cooler should fit. I can get some exact measurements if you'd like.

Quote:
The hot-swap options are powered off molex plugs, rather than SATA power plugs? Does that mean any HDD wanting 3.3V is SOL under this system?
That is correct. There is a 4-pin molex pass-through power connection for each CP05 module that is installed. Consumer grade disk drives should not have an issue with the lack of 3.3V, but in the rare instance that it is required, direct PSU and SATA connections would have to be made.