View Single Post
Old November 4, 2008, 03:34 PM
Rookie

Default Setting up GMail in Windows Mail problem

MY first mistake was probably to use the following instructions. They seemed a LOT more complicated and lengthy than the insructions provided by GMail. When I open Windows Mail now, I get a few seconds of 'Recieving Mail', followed by this message:

Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select '[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server: 'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail] (Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2

I retried each step, to no avail, and finally had to remove the GMail account, which I didn't want to do.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Gigabyte GA P35-DS3R Rev. 2.0 , Intel E5200 , Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro , 4X1GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 PC6400 800Mhz , Asus EAH3450/DI/256mb , Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB , Samsung SH-S223Q/BEBN 22x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer w/ Lightscribe , OCZ StealthXStream 600w , Antec Three Hundred , Windows Vista Home Premium w/ SP2