View Single Post
  #8 (permalink)  
Old October 15, 2008, 02:30 PM
CMetaphor's Avatar
CMetaphor CMetaphor is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 5,113

My assumption would be a leaking capacitor or swollen capacitor on the motherboard. Check if you see any standard electrolytic capacitors that aren't perfectly flat on top. You can identify these capacitors because they have a "K" or "Y" pattern on their tops. See pictures:
Electrolytic capacitor example:

Solid Capacitors (Don't worry about these):
"Backed by common sense and physics!" -Squeetard
Reply With Quote