Hardware Canucks, the site you have all come to know and love, is in the process of expanding our writing and editorial staff in order to better meet the expectations of our readership. We have several positions open for interested candidates and look forward to hearing from you!
Please CAREFULLY read the following text before submitting your candidacy.
In order to qualify:
- Must be a resident of Canada, the USA, UK, or Australia.
- Possess excellent English written and verbal skills.
- Have the ability to work within set deadlines.
- Possess working knowledge of Excel.
- Have knowledge within one or several of the disciplines listed below.
- Ability to use Photoshop or an equivalent image editing program.
In your submission you must include:
- A list of publications you have written for in the past (if applicable) with links to relevant articles.
- Submit a 700+ word review with an intro, body and conclusion of a product from within one of the positions listed below.
- List experience within the field you are applying for.
- Product photos. There should be at least two overall product image and two macro images. Placed atop the product should be a piece of paper with your name hand written on it to confirm the validity of the image.
- A 500+ word article presenting a technology, industry observations / direction, etc. within your chosen position(s) (Examples: “How USB 3.0 is Changing External Storage” or “Small Form Factors: The Way of the Future”.
- A How To article using items within your chosen position(s).
Notebooks & Desktop Systems
In this position the reviewer will be required to present and benchmark pre-made systems. This could include anything from a Dell laptop to net-tops to fully-fledged desktop systems. For examples of reviews and quality expectations, please CLICK HERE.
Some overclocking experience is a must along with knowledge of the various platforms and technologies. However, you don’t have to be a “ranked” overclocker or have access to high-end cooling products. AM3, LGA2011, LGA1155, etc. compatible hardware or a combination thereof is essential. A confirmed HWBot or CPU-Z validated link of an overclock you have achieved is suggested but not required. For examples of reviews and quality expectations, please CLICK HERE
While the above-listed areas are what we are putting a focus upon for the time being, we’re always on the lookout for new writing talent and people who are just plain passionate about technology. If you think there’s a way you can contribute to HWC as an official staff member – be it by covering news, doing editorials, editing pre-release articles, becoming a writer in any of the fields we currently cover, etc. – then by all means, drop us a line. We’d love to hear from you!
**Compensation may be discussed based upon relative experience and qualifications.
****If you are interested or have any questions, please send your submissions and all correspondence to email@example.com