NVIDIA has made public, version 197.45 of its WHQL certified drivers, supporting the GeForce 6-series through 300 series. The DX11 GeForce GTX 400 series will – for the time being – still use separate drivers; the 197.41 released late last week.
The 197.45 bring updates to PhysX and on-chip HD Audio. There are also specific game performances improvements along with new and updated SLI profiles for many titles.
Some notable improvements from the release notes:
- Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
- Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
- Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
- Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
- Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
- Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology
- Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
- Enhanced SLI support for Metro 2033, Supreme Commander 2, Unigine, and World of Warcraft.
- Adds Ambient Occlusion support for Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Need for Speed: Shift, Resident Evil 5, RUSE, and Street Fighter IV.
- Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
You can view the release notes and download the drivers directly from NVIDIA’s website http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us