NVIDIA has launched its WHQL certified 196.75 drivers which add the usual bug fixes, as well support for the new GeForce 300 series (low end OEM models – not Fermi), ION 2 GPU, and update software such as PhysX to 9.10.0129 and HD Audio drivers.
The driver also makes some notable changes to many gaming titles and adds new SLI profiles for many more.
- Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
- Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
- Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
- Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
- Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
- Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology
- Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
- Enhanced SLI support for World of Warcraft and Unigine.
- Adds Ambient Occlusion support for Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Need for Speed: Shift, Resident Evil 5, RUSE, and Street Fighter IV.
- Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
You can download the drivers from NVIDIA’s website: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us