It’s that time again for the ATI Catalyst™ driver update! We have been getting some great comments and feedback from the community because of this blog site. Please continue to send us your feedback as we do review them all*.
*IF you are having technical issues with the ATI Catalyst™ driver, or your graphics card please report your issues here.
Here is what is new this month!
New Windows Features
Highlights of the ATI Catalyst™ 10.7 release for Microsoft Windows include:
ATI Eyefinity Technology – Enhancements for HydraVision™
- Maximizing a window across multiple displays will now take user defined bezel compensation into account
- Automatically adjusts window position when dragging and dropping windows to ensure title bar visibility
- Proper dialog box placement – dialogs do not cross displays, are not hidden behind bezels, and can be designated to be shown on the users “preferred” display
Enhanced Pull-down detection
- The Pull-down detection algorithm has been enhanced for higher visual quality on certain types of video content
- Supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series of GPUs
ATI CrossFireX™ technology – support for rotated displays
- This release of ATI Catalyst™ enables end users running supported ATI CrossFireX™ configurations to rotate their displays (single or ATI Eyefinity display configurations) and still enjoy the performance benefits of ATI CrossFireX™ technology
ATI Radeon™ GPU acceleration of VLC 1.1.1 Media Player
- Enables GPU acceleration of h.264 video content when using the VLC 1.1.1 Media Player – enabling a better user experience by consuming less system resources
- Supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 and ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series of GPU products
- Requires VLC version 1.1.1 and later
Highlights of the ATI Catalyst™ driver for Linux 10.7 release include:
Support for new Linux operating systems
- This release of ATI Catalyst™ driver for Linux introduces support for the following new operating systems:
- Ubuntu 10.04 production support
ATI Eyefinity support
- ATI Catalyst™ driver for Linux 10.7 provides support for ATI Eyefinity technology under all supported Linux distributions
For more information on ATI Catalyst™ 10.7 (for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Linux versions), including all of the resolved issues in this release, please see the ATI Catalyst™ 10.7 release notes.
To download the driver, click here.